Ebbets Field Flannels

LouMarcon

I highly recommend Ebbets Field Flannels to anyone who is into custom vintage replica jerseys.

The price was steep ($350) but I'm very satisfied with the all-wool custom 1961-64 Pittsburgh Hornets sweater that I received this week.

EFF has offered a light blue 1961 Hornet road jersey, off and on, for a few years but I had always had the home red jersey on my radar. I finally pulled the trigger in late April and couldn't be happier with the results. While this is certainly not a heavy, game-weight wool, it met all of my expectations. Most importantly, EFF nailed the reproduction and EFF owner Jerry Cohen was very helpful and patient in answering all of my questions prior to ordering.

I was a little surprised when I saw my custom jersey posted on the EFF Web site -- a few days before I received mine in the mail -- as one of their offerings to the general public. Jerry informed me that he was so impressed with the final product that he decided to add my custom jersey to the general public offerings -- and for a lot less than I paid for mine btw. The EFF Web site refers to the red Pittsburgh as "our favorite hockey sweater." To that I'll just add: "glad I could be of help."

I guess the highest compliment I can give Cohen and EFF is the fact that I'm going to scratch the itch once again and order one last custom jersey, one that has been on my must-get radar for many, many years -- the white 1960 U.S. Olympics sweater.

redfront.jpg

redback.jpg

Edited by LouMarcon

I ordered a batch of Sioux jerseys from them and also was pleased. My only complaint was the jerseys I had ordered were very minorly discolored from the heat press used on the front of the jersey. It's hardly noticeable, but it was there. Everything came out spot on otherwise from mine as well. Ours came out to about $200 a piece because I managed to find 5 others to go in on it and meet the minimum 6 requirement to get the price drop. I'm surprised he charged you the full $350 and then put the same jersey up for less on the site. It is a beauty, though.

I have to disagree about the weight of the jersey. I thought ours were plenty heavy and had the double elbows and shoulders to boot.

How long did yours take? Our order took almost 6 months to complete, which was a bit painful (part of that was due to the holidays and one little other mixup).

We plan on ordering more from Jerry in the future. It's definitely the best alternative to an actual game-worn and in the end, still pretty affordable for an entirely custom jersey.

I received the jersey about 10 weeks after making payment. That was not a problem, particularly since I've been waiting for 15 months for a custom order from Vintage Hockey Classics. Now that has been an extremely painful process.

There was an attempt in this forum back in April to come up with six who wanted to order the white '60 Olympics sweater, but that didn't seem to go anywhere. I sent an e-mail to a couple of guys who expressed some interest, but never got a response.

I found an online auction of Paul Johnson's No. 15 Olympics jersey from 1960, so I've been able to provide EFF with some good pictures. After much deliberation, I decided to go with the No. 4 of defenseman John Mayasich of the University of Minnesota. From everything I've read, Mayasich and Bill Cleary of Boston were the two best players on the '60 U.S. team. Jerry Cohen tells me the expensive part of the '60 shirt will be reproducing the multi-color Olympic shield on the upper left chest. Again, the price is a little painful, but I'm going to go it alone on the '60 Olympic jersey also.

1960shield.jpg

1960closeup.jpg

1960left.jpg

I ordered a batch of Sioux jerseys from them and also was pleased. My only complaint was the jerseys I had ordered were very minorly discolored from the heat press used on the front of the jersey. It's hardly noticeable, but it was there. Everything came out spot on otherwise from mine as well. Ours came out to about $200 a piece because I managed to find 5 others to go in on it and meet the minimum 6 requirement to get the price drop. I'm surprised he charged you the full $350 and then put the same jersey up for less on the site. It is a beauty, though.

I have to disagree about the weight of the jersey. I thought ours were plenty heavy and had the double elbows and shoulders to boot.

How long did yours take? Our order took almost 6 months to complete, which was a bit painful (part of that was due to the holidays and one little other mixup).

We plan on ordering more from Jerry in the future. It's definitely the best alternative to an actual game-worn and in the end, still pretty affordable for an entirely custom jersey.

Edited by LouMarcon