Question about Red Wings jerseys.

CJ Matthews

OK, somebody please educate me, cause I constantly look at Red Wings jerseys and assume that if the C/A are on the left side of the jersey like all the other teams that it's incorrect, because they wear them on the right side now. Apparently that wasn't always the case. So when did they change from the left side to the right side?

There the only team in the league that wears the letter on the opposite side. It was changed when they started the Edge era i think.

When Stevie Y retired and Lidstrom became captain they changed it to more of the Euro way as there they ware them on the other side . Not 100% sure put that is what I have been told

They switched to the right side of the jersey for the 2007-2008 season when the new Edge jerseys started being used. The winged wheel crest is too high on the left side to leave room for the "C/A". They also wore the "C/A" on the right side during the Howe/Lindsey era. I'm not sure what year they started wearing the C/A on the left side back then.

When Stevie Y retired and Lidstrom became captain they changed it to more of the Euro way as there they ware them on the other side . Not 100% sure put that is what I have been told

Actually, most European jerseys I've seen have the "C/A" on the left side just like the NHL, even old ones I own from before Europeans started playing over here.

They switched to the right side of the jersey for the 2007-2008 season when the new Edge jerseys started being used. The winged wheel crest is too high on the left side to leave room for the "C/A". They also wore the "C/A" on the right side during the Howe/Lindsey era. I'm not sure what year they started wearing the C/A on the left side back then.

This is correct, because of the design of the Edge's there is no room between the Wing tip and the seam on the upper chest.