The Avs Hockey Podcast Site and Jersey Blog

Burnaby Joe Sakic

Hey Guys...

I'm not Jeff (who is though? The collection and the knowledge are second to none), but I do have jerseys that have stories behind them and I like to tell those stories.

I started The Avs Hockey Podcast and jersey blog a full three seasons ago and have had a great time creating it and adding content over time. My podcasting partner James and I have recorded shows over the past two seasons together. Overall, I myself, along with James, have made 64 podcast episodes of The Avs Hockey Podcast, Your Home for *Almost* Everything Avalanche. It's my way of keeping passionate Avs fans informed about their favorite NHL team. This year's season was rough, but the show still went on. No matter how bad the Avs were, there was always something to talk about.

Jerseys have become a larger part of the blog as time has gone on and my collection has grown. I like to say that every quality jersey tells a story, and I have a great time sharing these stories. The latest post has to do with the two game issued Peter Forsberg jerseys that I received from Meigray last week.

Just wanted to make you guys aware of what I do and would love for you to check out my work.

Here's a link to the Forsberg story: http://goo.gl/dBWKC

Feel free to click around. I hope you enjoy what you see, even if you're not a fan of the Colorado Avalanche.

Thanks and take care...

I definitely will be checking it out. Jay is the man, so all of you guys should be checking it out too!

Are you guys the ones that run live chats for Avalanche games? If so me and a buddy Eric invaded one of your chats for when you guys played the Rangers (sorry off topic but your post reminded me of it!)

Regardless, this is awesome and I'm excited to take a look!

I definitely will be checking it out. Jay is the man, so all of you guys should be checking it out too!

Are you guys the ones that run live chats for Avalanche games? If so me and a buddy Eric invaded one of your chats for when you guys played the Rangers (sorry off topic but your post reminded me of it!)

Regardless, this is awesome and I'm excited to take a look!

Nope...That's not us. That may have been The Avalanche Guild. They host stuff like that. I'll send out tweets here and there during games, but for the most part, I actually like watching hockey. All the other stuff can be pretty distracting!

Thanks for checking out the site. Enjoy!

Interesting post in your blog. So were there other Forsberg alternate game issued jerseys, or did you just buy the only one in existence?

I know for a fact that there are other white and burgundy game issues. They are set 3 jerseys though. Forsberg4MVP posted his set 3 in the pickups a few posts after mine. I was especially interested in the two Forsbergs in the post because, like I said, they were the jerseys he would have worn on February 14th and February 16th at Pepsi Center. I don't believe there was another Forsberg alternate made for him to wear, but I guess I should confirm that with Meigray eventually. The team, for the past couple of seasons, has only had two sets of the alternates made for the entire season (which are worn for 11 of the 41 home games) and they were already wearing the set two alternates when Forsberg planned his comeback. Making a backup for every player may make sense, but not money-wise though. Especially if that jersey will only be worn for 6 games total at the most.

So, at the very least, I have the jersey he would have worn on the 16th, at the most, I have the only one that was made for him to wear. Either way, that jersey has a great story, and that's good enough for me.

Thanks for checking out the post. I appreciate it.

Interesting post in your blog. So were there other Forsberg alternate game issued jerseys, or did you just buy the only one in existence?

I just talked with Meigray and they said that the alternate Forsberg that I have is the only one they have in their system so far, so if they don't get more from the team with their final end of season shipment I would have the only one made. We will see what happens with that. I have no idea why they would have held on to one or some of the Forsberg jerseys while they sent all of the rest to Meigray, but I guess you never know.

So it's looking pretty good, but we will see what happens with that last shipment and the final 2010-2011 population report.