Twill Nameplates? Flyers ever use them?

domestique

Have the Flyers ever used Twill nameplates?

Thanks

Yes. Their first year of the re-issued orange jerseys were all white twill...I think. I'm sure a Flyers pro can answer this definitively for you though. I do know that they used twill plates but not what type of time period it was.

Yes. Their first year of the re-issued orange jerseys were all white twill...I think. I'm sure a Flyers pro can answer this definitively for you though. I do know that they used twill plates but not what type of time period it was.

Thanks, I should have mentioned it in my first post, but specifically looking at the 1997-2007 game years.

I definitely don't think they have used them in the years you are looking at. The occasional 80's jersey and the recent jerseys use them. As for the 80's, most that I have seen have been mesh or matching material, but I have definitely seen at least 1 80's jersey on Classic Auctions that used a twill nameplate.

Agreed with Mike. 1996-97 through 1998-99 should have Nike airknit nameplates. 1999-07 whether CCM, Koho, or Rbk would be CCM style airknit nameplates.

Twill nameplates made their debut in the 1972-73 season on the white home jerseys for nationally televised games. They were later added to both jerseys and used until 1976-77. In 1977-78 the Flyers switched to a knit/mesh combo jersey on which the used a mesh nameplate. They continued the mesh nameplates until 1987-88 when CCM airknit took over until 1996-97 when the team switched to Nike.

As far as the 1980's jerseys with a twill nameplate, I am sure they exist. Saw one at the MeiGray expo last year and the owner stated that if someone was brought up to the team or if they picked someone up during the season, a twill nameplate would be slapped on by their customizer who was Ruberti's at the time. Back in thoses days and even up until recently the Flyers would supply Ruberti's with the mesh, airknit, or for a very brief stint, ultrafil material so they could do the nameplates for the team. So when the materials ran out they turned to good old twill.

Most of the gamers from the early 1980's will have a matching mesh nameplate. There was an early 80's Flyers Sittler game worn on either Classic Auctions or Gameworn auctions recently with a twill nameplate but it was added by a previous collector.

Twill nameplates were used again in 08-09 on the new orange retro style jersey only. This continued on the orange jerseys only in 09-10. This year, twill is used for both the orange and new white road jerseys.