Colorado Avalanche Name Plates: Off center?

domestique

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I read your posts Burnaby... I always end up so bloody jealous lol

I'm just happy that I can share my collection with people that appreciate it Racer. Thanks!

So I guess it's safe to assume you don't have any extra material.... X_X

That, my friend, is a safe assumption.

OK well now you've got me so crazed about it that I want to wait and send it to DA, so I'm gonna keep an eye out for a jersey to use for material, and if you find one would you please let me know if I can buy some material from you?

OK well now you've got me so crazed about it that I want to wait and send it to DA, so I'm gonna keep an eye out for a jersey to use for material, and if you find one would you please let me know if I can buy some material from you?

Absolutely!

Along those lines, let's all make an attempt to stay in touch with each other when something that we think can be used to for nameplates shows up on eBay. Bidding against each other for something a few of us can benefit from would be pretty silly.

Absolutely. In terms of E-bay I didn't see anything cheap on there now that can be used for something like this, so I guess we play the waiting game.

The waiting game. It's what we do! It'll be worth the wait when that jersey that you need comes around though.

Three. The Forsberg, Drury, and the Roy. It was a size 60. I imagine you could get two from a size 48.

jay those starters you have look rather slim for a 60?? was a 60 smaller then than a 60 now?

jay those starters you have look rather slim for a 60?? was a 60 smaller then than a 60 now?

You talking about the jerseys on this page Mike? The Drury is a 56 and the Roy is a 48. The Pro Player Forsberg is a 56 and the Starter Forsberg is a 60.

I wish I knew what to look for with the older authentic starter and pro player avs jerseys. I see some on ebay but have no idea if any of them are good.

I wish I knew what to look for with the older authentic starter and pro player avs jerseys. I see some on ebay but have no idea if any of them are good.

There are a few in the Trading Post I believe.

I've only been collecting Avs jerseys since the new year and thanks to this site I now have 3 Starters.

Just post them on here if you have any questions. Many knowledgeable people are more than willing to help any time.

I'm in love Starter and Pro Player are by far my favorite.I'm in love with that Drury.

me too, lol. The jerseys after the 1999-2000 season are pretty nice but for me personally, Starter and Pro Player are the jerseys to go for with Avs jerseys. I don't have a big collection and don't intend on having a big collection but I would like to get a few 95-96 jerseys with Sakic, Roy and Kamensky on the back of them.

Edited by Forsberg4MVP

Yes Kamensky I have 4 Starters and Kamensky is one I want to get done along with Ricci Ozolinsh and Drury.

Potential for nameplate material here. What do you guys think? I'm not sure if the crest is bad enough to sacrifice the entire jersey, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, ya know?

Avs Starter on eBay

I actually just sent you a PMSG about that. What do you think is a good price for something like that if you plan on destroying it for parts? I only have the 1 jersey to do so far, and it's not even in yet so I don't know if it's in good enough shape to customize, but 48+shipping to do one jersey seems a bit steep, and you said you think you can only get 2 nameplates out of a jersey like that.

I actually just sent you a PMSG about that. What do you think is a good price for something like that if you plan on destroying it for parts? I only have the 1 jersey to do so far, and it's not even in yet so I don't know if it's in good enough shape to customize, but 48+shipping to do one jersey seems a bit steep, and you said you think you can only get 2 nameplates out of a jersey like that.

Now that I think about it that's a really steep price for something that's going to be destroyed. I believe the one that I included pics of above was purchased for less than $20. That seems a little more reasonable for something that's going to be repurposed anyways.

And with a jersey that size I'd say two, and maybe three, nameplates. If you go for Kamensky and Forsberg, definitely two. Go with Roy and you could get three for sure! It all depends.

Can Denver Athl. do the home white nameplates? Somewhere down the road, when I feel my Sioux collection is at a satisfactory level, I wanted to get a bunch of the legendary #19s who have played: Toews, Yzerman, Sakic, etc...

Can Denver Athl. do the home white nameplates? Somewhere down the road, when I feel my Sioux collection is at a satisfactory level, I wanted to get a bunch of the legendary #19s who have played: Toews, Yzerman, Sakic, etc...

Home white on a 6100, a Starter/Pro Player, or an Edge?

Home white on a 6100, a Starter/Pro Player, or an Edge?

Starter...sorry. I was thinking Starter when writing, but must have forgot to actually type it.

Starter...sorry. I was thinking Starter when writing, but must have forgot to actually type it.

Just wanted to clarify. No worries.

They don't carry the Starter mesh any longer since they don't necessarily need to. So we'd need to go through the process that we've talked about with the burgundys: find a wrecked white one and cut it up for plates.

Lol Jay I bought that one you posted just saw it.Its gonna be scrapped.I have 3 burgandy's Starters now I need a white nameplate. Hopefully I can get 3 nameplates Ricci Kamensky and Drury. The white is gonna be Ozolinsh.That is a great price imo.