Team Canada Jersey, what year?

Krendelev

Can anyone tell me when this style jersey was used and what tournaments? Thanks in advance for any help.

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

Mid/late 80's to early 90's. The only thing that's puzzling me is the Hockey Canada shoulder patch. Not to say that it couldn't have been there though. I've just never seen it before. That's actually a really nice Canada jersey. I think the numbers are wrong though.

Mid/late 80's to early 90's. The only thing that's puzzling me is the Hockey Canada shoulder patch. Not to say that it couldn't have been there though. I've just never seen it before. That's actually a really nice Canada jersey. I think the numbers are wrong though.

Thanks for the info. I'm bummed that the numbers are wrong. I haven't been able to find a picture of this style anywhere. I bought it in the mid 90's already numbered.

This is what I could find from that particular style. Although, I don't know why yours doesn't have the blue collar part.

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Canadanational/CanadaParksbk.JPG

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Canadanational/CanadaGilesbk.JPG

The only thing that I can think of is MAYBE it's a jersey from 1994 when Hockey Canada merged with the CAHA(CA amateur hockey assocation). I'm not sure. It's definitely a legit jersey though...and to be honest, I don't know for a fact that the customization is incorrect. I was just basing it on what I've seen of that style. There very well could have been a version like that used in the mid-90's. I just don't know everything about the old Team Canada jerseys beyond a few of their designs.

I say leave it as is though because it's really cool looking. Even if it does have Gretzky on it. Blech!

The style linked to above with the "speed stripes" that get thinner as they go down the arm was worn from the 1988 Olympics to 92-93 Canadian National Team.

The CCM jersey in question in the first post came next and was somewhat short lived, having been worn by the 1993-94 Canadian National Team during their pre-Olympic schedule. By that point Canada capitulated and was wearing Tackla/Reebok jerseys in Europe for international tournaments. Gretzky never wore that style. Your best player bet is Kariya or Nedved, who really wasn't that "Canadian" now, was he?

The Canadian National Team played together all year, often against IHL or even exhibitions against NHL teams, but frankly the players were not that great, because if they were good enough, they would have had jobs in the NHL, which often limits your player choice.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0004901994.html

I'm not 100% sure if that style was worn beyond 93-94, but it could have survived until perhaps 95-96 before Nike came on board with the Waving Flag jerseys for the World Cup in 1996.

Here's mine. I'm not sure I've ever seen a white one to confirm the customization, but I do have a couple of pics of red ones.

2381284280100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2983787960100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

While Gretzky never wore that style, it's a great looking jersey and a white authentic is got to be as scarce as they get. I like it.

The style linked to above with the "speed stripes" that get thinner as they go down the arm was worn from the 1988 Olympics to 92-93 Canadian National Team.

The CCM jersey in question in the first post came next and was somewhat short lived, having been worn by the 1993-94 Canadian National Team during their pre-Olympic schedule. By that point Canada capitulated and was wearing Tackla/Reebok jerseys in Europe for international tournaments. Gretzky never wore that style. Your best player bet is Kariya or Nedved, who really wasn't that "Canadian" now, was he?

The Canadian National Team played together all year, often against IHL or even exhibitions against NHL teams, but frankly the players were not that great, because if they were good enough, they would have had jobs in the NHL, which often limits your player choice.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0004901994.html

I'm not 100% sure if that style was worn beyond 93-94, but it could have survived until perhaps 95-96 before Nike came on board with the Waving Flag jerseys for the World Cup in 1996.

Here's mine. I'm not sure I've ever seen a white one to confirm the customization, but I do have a couple of pics of red ones.

While Gretzky never wore that style, it's a great looking jersey and a white authentic is got to be as scarce as they get. I like it.

Thank you for the info. It does look like the font on mine is different than yours. So unless they changed it at some point mine is probably wrong, not to mention that Gretzky never wore that style. I'll have to look some more and see if I can find pictures of the white and see if I can get it redone.