removal of name and number help Jokerit

Yzerman fan

I have a replica Jokerit jersey where I would like to remove the name and number on it. It is not sewn on,but more like cheap numbers glued down. I tried to just peel them off,but they are down pretty good. Any suggestions on how to get them off? It's kind of a mesh style jersey. Thanks

goof off... Dab it lightly on the inside of the sweater back of the numbers let the glue dissolve, peel slowly. Do small portions of the number at a time that way you get more glue residue off the first time.

Where do you buy that?

Where do you buy that?

Hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes, they should all carry it. It usually comes in a can with a spout, and a spray aerosol type can. The aerosol is easiest to use, just spray on the gunk and it comes right off. Just it on an unseen part of the jersey first, though.

Hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes, they should all carry it. It usually comes in a can with a spout, and a spray aerosol type can. The aerosol is easiest to use, just spray on the gunk and it comes right off. Just it on an unseen part of the jersey first, though.

Possible discoloration? Hope this works as the numbers are down pretty good.

If you don't mind me asking, which year Jokerit jersey and where did you obtain it?

I've been looking to get a 2008 Leino for a while now.

It's about a 2004 or 2005. Going to make it a Ilari Filppula since I already have Valterri.

2 replicas directly from the team.

Bought some goof off. They only had the plastic spray bottle and I'm still having a hell of a time even starting to get the numbers off. Should I totally saturate it with the stuff or any suggestions...somehow I knew I wouldn't have an easy time.

NO do not saturate it. Just dab it on the inside of the sweater where the numbers line up. You don't want the numbers to melt away just the glue. Dab and peel, mm by mm. Its a process.

Yeah it just doesn't seem like it is doing anything. The numbering almost seems felt like. Can't seem to even get a corner to peel up.

I'm pretty disappointed that it didn't work for you... I've stripped a number of glued jerseys with goof off and have had it work out each time. (I'm not trying to rub it in, just surprised) The next step would be straight acetone. That stuff is pretty potent...we used it for removing spray super glue off of mylar and stuff when I worked at the sail loft.

Felt numbers? Post a pic of whats going on.

I'm pretty disappointed that it didn't work for you... I've stripped a number of glued jerseys with goof off and have had it work out each time. (I'm not trying to rub it in, just surprised) The next step would be straight acetone. That stuff is pretty potent...we used it for removing spray super glue off of mylar and stuff when I worked at the sail loft.

Felt numbers? Post a pic of whats going on.

Yeah, I can get some of the name to come off ,but those numbers are not budging a bit. I will post a pic later.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I tried the goof off again, but maybe I'm just and idiot and not doing something right because I would think this would come off. I will post pics on my webshots and I'm willing to pay someone if you think you can remove the numbers and name. I'm really frustrated.

Any guesses? Or any takers. I'll pay! http://sports.webshots.com/album/579557583elnQjR

Any ideas ot takers? I pay well :thumbsup:

Any suggestions? Any takers? How would acetone work? I've never done it and don't want to damage the jersey. Where would you get it?

You can get acetone at any hardware store. I shouldn't damage the jersey. You would just dab it on the inside to soak the glue let it sit for a few seconds then flip it over and pull it off. If you are really frustrated call a local t-shirt or embroidery shop they have other special products that are made to remove those vinyl numbers.

Thanks guys. I'll have to try that as I've done the goof off a zillion times and I can't get the crap to budge. So frustrating. :angry: