NHL2000 patch

WingedWheelers

I have a CCM Red Wings authentic jersey from the 1999-2000 season, which has been sitting in my closet. I feel its time to customize this bad boy. How much of a jersey foul would it be to leave the NHL2000 patch off this jersey? I'm not a huge fan of the patch. What's everyone else's opinion on the patch? Should I or shouldn't I? :unsure:

There's a reason they were issued along with the retail jerseys that year. It belongs on the jersey. That really was a one-year style with the silver shield and the CCM on the hem. The patch only adds to it. Put it on.

agreed. anytime you can put a patch on I think it adds to the jersey and makes it that much cooler looking and more special, and besides if you're going to spend the cash to get it customized you might as well make it 100% accurate.

Yeah, I'll probably be putting the patch on. I guess its just my minimalist mindset I usually have, I like my jerseys looking clean. The only "extras" I've ever wanted to put on a jersey are Stanley Cup patches. However, the other side of me likes to be as authentic as possible. The patch will go on. :thumbsup:

i've already ordered my 99-00 cup patch and year 2000 patches for my Pro Player Brodes.

What if this scenario applied to a game worn. I was looking at a 1999-2000 Flyers game worn without the 2000 patch. Was there a particular time of year (pre-season) when the patch was not applied? Were the patches recycled to the new sets? The jersey had a LOA from Byrons Hockeyland so I would say its legit. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the patch is not there? Would it be wrong to add the patch?

When it comes to stuff like that, at least with the Avalanche gamers, it always had to do with a preseason gamer. Patches weren't worn in the preseason of the 1999-2000 or the 2005-2006 season, when the NHL 2000 and the 10th Anniversary patches were worn during the regular season.

And as far as adding the patch to a gamer, don't do it. Messing with gamers at all is a no-no in my book. I think it makes for an even better story when the patch isn't there on a gamer anyways. If it's a retail authentic, patch those up all you want. That's just me though.

When it comes to stuff like that, at least with the Avalanche gamers, it always had to do with a preseason gamer. Patches weren't worn in the preseason of the 1999-2000 or the 2005-2006 season, when the NHL 2000 and the 10th Anniversary patches were worn during the regular season.

And as far as adding the patch to a gamer, don't do it. Messing with gamers at all is a no-no in my book. I think it makes for an even better story when the patch isn't there on a gamer anyways. If it's a retail authentic, patch those up all you want. That's just me though.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have any thoughts? Let me know.