Good places to buy vintage throwback jerseys?

WingedWheelers

What is everyone's opinion on the general price a replica vintage jersey should cost. I'm talking about blank jerseys, with no name or number, just team crest. I've been shopping around for a replica Red Wings 75th NHL anniversary throwback jersey (would prefer authentic, and would pay for one, but can't find them in the size I need).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/RedWings/Images/RedWings26.png

Custom Throwback Jerseys website has them for about $170, and that seems a bit ridiculous for a replica.

Does anyone know of good sites that would sell something like this for a decent price? If I can get a blank at a good price, the local shop can customize it with official lettering for $45.

if all you want is a replica why not just get a CCM from that period on ebay for around $30 and add a patch? even after lettering you're still well under $100.

if all you want is a replica why not just get a CCM from that period on ebay for around $30 and add a patch? even after lettering you're still well under $100.

I'm looking for the third jersey, the throwback striped one. A little harder to find than the regular style from that period. Problem is selection, the smaller sellers have mostly 2XL (probably leftover stock). I need a large, which most of the larger sellers have, but they also charge a premium. I figured if anyone knows of other ways or places on the web to get this jersey, they'd be on this forum.

What is everyone's opinion on the general price a replica vintage jersey should cost. I'm talking about blank jerseys, with no name or number, just team crest. I've been shopping around for a replica Red Wings 75th NHL anniversary throwback jersey (would prefer authentic, and would pay for one, but can't find them in the size I need).

http://www.nhluniforms.com/RedWings/Images/RedWings26.png

Custom Throwback Jerseys website has them for about $170, and that seems a bit ridiculous for a replica.

Does anyone know of good sites that would sell something like this for a decent price? If I can get a blank at a good price, the local shop can customize it with official lettering for $45.

I would hold out for a blank authentic off E-Bay but Throwbacks go for a high price.

I doubt you will find one for less then $150 blank but you never know.

A replica will be over priced as well all around with they style of jersey.

Or he could buy mine, which is priced less than the on on Ebay :)

I think that is hockeymusic's ebay name too, but I could be wrong.

how much is yours dude?

Or he could buy mine, which is priced less than the on on Ebay :)

I think that is hockeymusic's ebay name too, but I could be wrong.

Yes that is me......being ambitious....

Thanks for the info. I just figured these throwbacks would go for about the same price as the winter classic throwbacks, but I guess there's just a lot of WC jerseys saturating the market that they're a bit cheaper. That authentic is way above what I'd like to spend for a jersey, and Yzerman wasn't the first name I was going to put on the back of it either (provided I did find a blank). I think I'll just keep looking for one to pop up at the right price, I'm in no real rush to have one.

Again, thanks for the info... the search continues...

Question about this jersey....

The seller seems legit, and the jersey looks real - I don't think many replica jerseys are faked, but perhaps this one is because its a throwback. This jersey should have the captain's C in a diamond, this one just has the C stitched directly to the jersey like a normal jersey. Is this because the diamond is some kind of patch that's hard to find, or laziness on the part of the customizer?

Question about this jersey....

The seller seems legit, and the jersey looks real - I don't think many replica jerseys are faked, but perhaps this one is because its a throwback. This jersey should have the captain's C in a diamond, this one just has the C stitched directly to the jersey like a normal jersey. Is this because the diamond is some kind of patch that's hard to find, or laziness on the part of the customizer?

He's legit, but you are right about the C being off. Plus, its a vintage remake, which may or may not be made of Ultrafil (like the real ones from that time). I believe the remakes are make of air-knit, which would bother me (but I may be wrong about that).

He's legit, but you are right about the C being off. Plus, its a vintage remake, which may or may not be made of Ultrafil (like the real ones from that time). I believe the remakes are make of air-knit, which would bother me (but I may be wrong about that).

It's air-knit, looked through the description and it mentions it there. Do you know if they sold ultrafil replicas of this jersey in the past, or do you have to get an authentic for ultrafil material?

It's air-knit, looked through the description and it mentions it there. Do you know if they sold ultrafil replicas of this jersey in the past, or do you have to get an authentic for ultrafil material?

I would assume the replicas from 1991-92 are ultrafil, but I haven't seen many of those. To get an ultrafil you you'd probably have to buy an authentic.

I would assume the replicas from 1991-92 are ultrafil, but I haven't seen many of those. To get an ultrafil you you'd probably have to buy an authentic.

Yeah, I haven't seen any ultrafil replicas either. I'd be happy with either an authentic or a replica, but I'd want the jersey to have authentic customization details regardless. Thanks for the info.