Need pics of a Roy jersey.

St. Patrick

I'll be sending my '97 Starter Av's authentic jersey out to be customized. I've been searching for images of Roy's red/blue jersey to send along with the jersey to show the customizer exactly what I want. I've searched getty images, and other sites, but can't find any decent pics of the back of his jersey. Does anyone here have a Roy jersey to help me out?

This is his gamer from 1996-1997, not the color scheme you asked for, but the style is correct.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=54&lotid=219

This is 1997-1998, in the right color scheme.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=21&lotid=145

Depends what year your starter is, but should give you a good idea.

The big thing with Starter Avs jerseys is the nameplate material. It's hard to come by without cannibalizing another Avs authentic as the burgundy color is somewhat rare.

The big thing with Starter Avs jerseys is the nameplate material. It's hard to come by without cannibalizing another Avs authentic as the burgundy color is somewhat rare.

Luckily this was a new jersey with tags and namebar (in the plastic bag)attached. I lucked out on that one.

Yeah you did. That was yet another example of what made those Starter jerseys so great was them giving you the plates. FYI, EPS has the majority of the old Starter nameplates. I've ordered a few weird ones from them and they came through on all of them. The Avs were one of the ones I got too. That one along with the Blues blue mesh and the white puffy knit.

Luckily this was a new jersey with tags and namebar (in the plastic bag)attached. I lucked out on that one.

Score! Good job man that's the biggest hurdle as Burnaby will attest to. Is the nameplate already curved? I'm just thinking with ROY being so short, you might have leftover material for another one down the line.

Ooh, that'd be tougher than you think actually Matt. If it comes pre-curved(which it should) then he'd have to throw the ROY dead smack in the middle thus giving him two outer pieces. I suppose he could re-cut either of them to fit another jersey but they could end up looking pretty weird.

Yeh that's what I meant - if it's not curved you're good ... if it's curved then no loss (but no free leftovers).

It is curved. But Brilliant brings up a good point. If EPS has that type of material, should I just have them worry about it and save the nameplate?

Yeah absolutely. Use their material up first. Who knows? Maybe you get another Starter Avs jersey and decide to get a different name on it. Then you could just buy the kit minus the plate...and have me sew it on for you. :D

Check with EPS - if they throw it in as part of the normal price of customization, save yours.

Check with EPS - if they throw it in as part of the normal price of customization, save yours.

Sounds like they do, I might do that.