Islanders Fisherman Jersey

Henk4Hart

I've been reading through the forums and was hoping someone could help me out. I am looking at a replica Islanders Fisherman jersey on ebay, but don't know which company made them and I don't want to end up with a fake. The one I am looking at is a Starter replica (no fight strap). If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Mark

We can for sure help you. Do you mind posting a link, and/or pictures of the jersey you ave your eye on? That would for sure help. :thumbsup:

I've been reading through the forums and was hoping someone could help me out. I am looking at a replica Islanders Fisherman jersey on ebay, but don't know which company made them and I don't want to end up with a fake. The one I am looking at is a Starter replica (no fight strap). If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Mark

As far as I know , Fishermans arent made by "fake" companies.. starter is probably correct

Starter did indeed make the Isles replicas in that 1995-96 era. Actually, I think Starter did just about all the NHL teams for a time.

I think Brilliant is correct that Starter made replicas for the entire league during that time period.

Also, the sublimated styles like that are very difficult to fake, so you're probably safe that's it's not a fake.

The one big drawback is that Starter replicas weren't always super accurate. I know their version of the sublimated Tampa Bay alt jerseys and the original Phoenix jerseys differed from the authentic on-ice versions.

At that time Starter and CCM both did the entire league in replica(or semi-pro) form, resulting in unnecessary duplication...the starter ones however were of horrendous quality...most of the problems were with the wrong color(as another example, the Flyers one they did had a very light orange body color compared to the burnt orange it should have been. If u want a semi, try for a CCM one which will have a team logo next to the ccm on the tail....as an aside Starter Pros around that time lacked quality too, most white libertys were recalled from stores due to red dye bleeding into the white body color... :huh: