Black Hawks (alternate) Proplayer question

boxer614

Hi Guys. New to the board here. Got a quick question I'm hoping some of you can shed some light on.

How do I determine if this Black Hawks jersey is an authentic or replica? All the shoulder patches and crest patch are stitched on as is the Proplayer logo and Western Conference tail tags.

Proplayer.jpg

On a related note, (from what I've gathered) ProPlayer bought out Starter for the 99-2000 season then eventually went under. Does this mean some Proplayers were just rebranded Starters? I have a Starter Rangers jersey where the R A N G E R S stitching on the front seems identical to a Proplayer jersey I have seen.

Below is a side by side. I notice the letter stitching has the same block-y type of design.

ProStar.jpg

Pro Player was one company that actually made really high quality replicas. The material was pretty close to pro-weight and everything was stitched on. Authentics had the PP logo and the NHL shield on the hem and the fight strap sewn into the back. Also, there was nothing on the sleeve.

rscirca1999bProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

They really weren't rebranded Starters either with the exception of the Colorado Avalanche. They actually wore Starter mesh jerseys with the PP on the tail and in the collar. All the others seemed to be a redo of Nike jerseys with the same large size and unique air-knit-like material.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling that Hawks PP would you? I've been trying to find one

Pro Player used the same vendors in Korea that Starter did, thus they share a lot of the same qualities, sewn on and embroidered crests and shoulder patches, embroidered mfg. sleeve logos,etc. But they also used a source in Canada for authentics and some replicas. Dallas Canada-made replicas, for example, used a stitched on crest plate for the main logo, unlike the Korean made version, whereas the logo is directly embroidered to the jersey.