I Love NHL Third Jerseys (/embarassed)

vikes99ej

I don't know why, but I love several of the NHL's alternate uniforms. I am in the process of getting a Lightning third, and I'm already targeting a Senators third next. I have no idea for my fetish with these, but I think I just like seeing something different than what the team normally wears. Some of the other alternates I like are the Wild, Kings, Blues, and Sabres. Anyone else feel this way?

I know I do. I love the original Avalanche alternate. I am already expecting a couple jerseys in the next couple of weeks, so I'm going to hold off until the next IJ sale to get the new Wild alternate. After that, I'm going to get a Leafs alternate.

I definitely agree. Ever since the 1995 season launched the alternates i've been totally hooked. For anyone interested, there's an awesome clip below of the Kings Vs. Ducks wearing the Burger King and Wildwing jerseys. Can you imagine what this game looked like live... Thing of beauty.

Third jerseys are hit and miss for me...and a lot of them don't really fit into my collection scheme...but I still enjoy seeing what teams come out with!

It took me awhile to like the Pens third jersey for example, part b/c so many people were buying fakes of them that seeing so many fakes turned me off, but I got one $20 off in a store over the summer and it grew on me.

My other favorite thirds are the Detroit Winter Classic jerseys, the Blackhawks (their Winter Classic and their old black alternate), Boston's black alternate, and the St. Louis navy. I am also excited to see the Devils in their Christmas tree jerseys this year.

To me third jerseys are nothing more than a money-making scheme and I think most of them look bad, but I love both thirds the Wild have had, and the Blues, Sabres, Oilers, and Avalanche third jerseys look a million times better than the home and aways.

Even if they are a money-making scheme, i sure support them, anything to make teams more money that doesnt require an increase in something else. Im glad we have the opportunity to see a team where a different jersey every now and again.

I also do enjoy the NHL's third jerseys. Not only are some of the jerseys pretty creative, but I like certain team's ideas of bringing back a retro or vintage look. For example, the Penguins third is a "recreation" of their 1968-1972 sweaters and the Flyers third is a "recreation" of their 1974 Stanley Cup jerseys. Other teams (and there are a lot), are creating different looks like Atlanta's third, which looks nothing like any jersey they have ever worn in their decade + of existence. I think it's a neat program and it's more for the fans in my opinion. For them to wear their team's colors "in-style."

I do not own any third jerseys yet, but I plan on getting a few once they get near the top of my want list.