What US Jersey if this?

flountown

1998 Olympics in Nagano, Japan.

Good lineup of players to put on it, but a bad result at the tournament.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully I can manage to get it.

It's actually not that hard to find. They seem to show up on a regular basis, so don't break the bank thinking it's your only chance to ever get one.

It's my personal favorite USA hockey style.

One thing I'll say is that if you do want to get on of that style, hold out for an authentic. They are still around and in this specific case they are quite different.

nagano_small.jpg

Not the best pic - I'll see about getting better ones of that or a blue one I have when I get home from work. The main difference you can see are the grey underarm gussets that were on both the white and blue jerseys. The replicas don't have this and just keep the color solid. Visually this makes the jersey look quite a different in my opinion. Also the top portion of the sleeve (white on the blues, and blue on the whites) as well as the grey cuff and banding at the bottom, are a nice shiny dazzle material on the authentics, where as the replicas they are airknit like the rest of the jersey. Throw in the fight strap, and you can see why this is what I feel is the perfect example of why authentics can be much better than replicas.

It's also important to note, that with the Nike USA jerseys from that era (including the 1996 WC jerseys) it seems that Nike had 3 classes of jerseys - replica sold blank, a repli-thentic (for lack of a better term) sold factory customized, and finally an on-ice authentic. The "repli-thentic" jerseys were customized with top players (Leetch, Hull) and has numeric sizing but in many ways closer to a replica than an authentic (no fight strap, missing the features mentioned above in the 98 version).

So if you're really interested in this style, keep an eye out and the true authentics are still around, especially for the 98 style, and in my opinion are well worth the effort in tracking one down.

akteon,

did they make the blue jerseys in authentic for retail? Ive only ever seen game worn blue in authentic... I really like these jerseys and theyve been on my watchlist on ebay for a while now.It seems the blue pops up even less than the whites, are they a bit more rare?\

I was really close to purchasing this one here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-USA-HOCKEY-GAME-U...=item53dd91e1a4

I have a blue 98/Nagano style blue that I am 99% certain (can verify after work) isn't a team issue. I don't believe it has the IIHF hem patch or the IIHF neck tagging that the Sabo gamer has you listed.

I've seen the blue on-ice authentics on eBay from time to time (not nearly as often as the whites though) so I think they were available. They are definitely not as rare as the blue 96 WC jerseys which seem to have only been team-issue.

When I get home from work I'll take some good pics of both my white and blue Nike 98/Nagano authentic USA jerseys.

Here's the blue and the white authentics I have. Neither of them have any special IIHF tagging or anything that'd make me think they weren't retail. Granted I wasn't into jerseys in 1998 so I can't say for certain.

98_nike_usa_blue.jpg

98_nike_usa_white.jpg

flountown - here's another blue 98 Nike replica if you need another option; note that the crest on this one is messed up:

Blue 98 Nike Replica

Or - if you budget is slightly more flexible:

Brett Hull 98 Nike Authentic

Good luck!

That Hull isn't from 1998, that's the 2002 style. It was also worn in the 2004 World Cup.

Sorry, my bad; didn't look close enough. Guess I was in shock from seeing the Buy It Now price...