Mitchell & Ness Question

flountown

Is there anyway to find out whether or not Mitchell and Ness ever produced a Colorado Rockies NHL jersey?

I found one that could be had for cheap and want to know if I should pull the trigger on it.

Also, what would these jerseys generally be valued at? On their website they sell their product for $2-300 a jersey.

TIA.

I fully admit that I don't know much about M&N nor have I ever owned any of their stuff - that being said, my understanding is that there are M&N products made in the US and in Korea. Searching another jersey site I visit found numerous people discussing legit M&N products made in Korea and tagged as such.

I bought a Sabres 70-71 jersey and that's made in Korea too. I don't really care if it's fake or not. It's a pretty nice jersey and you don't see them around a whole bunch. Some people complain that the bottom stripes aren't correct but I read an article saying that's how they should have been.

dscf2232w.jpg

dscf2233i.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me.

After doing a bit of research before I bid on it I checked out other similar tags and they all said "Philadelphia, PA" and then "Made in Korea."

Either way I think I will be happy with it, but if its a real M&N then it would make it a steal rather than just a price I am happy paying.

Can someone send me links to other jersey forums, don't post in case it's against the rules, but I would like to be able to expand out and other than this one and gameworn.net I really haven't found any good, well traveled jersey forums.

And if anyone has any other info or opinions about the jersey please feel free to continue posting.

Thanks all for your input.

There's actually a few sellers on ebay who auction LEGIT M&N NHL jerseys. I won a 1967-1968 Pittsburgh Penguins jersey from one of them and it seems pretty legit. I don't think the Colorado Rockies M&N jerseys are very common. The only ones I have seen are customized with "Ramage" and #5.

From what I have gathered it seems like this is pretty legit. I know there are M&N knock-offs but they tend to center around the more popular baseball and football jerseys. While that isn't a 100% reason, it just seems less likely for a person making knock-offs to do one with a relatively low demand.

I live in Philly so maybe I'll stop by their HQ and see if they can tell me whether or not its the real deal.