Purchasing nameplates only?

Duke

I know a lot of you guys out there handle your own customization, and I'm in the same boat. While I have an account with a company to get letters, they never seem to send the correct name plates. I always run in to the problem of receiving twill nameplates to go along with the twill letters. Does anyone have a good source for ordering just the plates for the edge jerseys? I was able to get a good air-knit for my Thrashers third, and wouldn't mind going that route again, but can't find a site anymore. Trying to put together a Thrashers home jersey now, and that color blue isn't the easiest to find, plus the twill nameplate stands out way to much for my liking.

have you tried contacting directly with the store of the nameplates??like faxing them of call them by phone??signature_jersey.jpg

I've dealt with them on the matter on at least 3 occasions. The word I get is always that twill is what the NHL/NHLPA/Reebok tells them to do. I've even gone through the company that cuts letters directly for the Thrashers. One day I got pretty far with a Reebok rep, even got a call back from someone higher up, but it ended with them saying they were all pretty much confused and were unsure of who is using what fabrics.

• 2 weeks later...

i deal with a place here in toronto called gamedaysportsarchives.com they have always made pro name plates for my jerseys

• 2 weeks later...
i deal with a place here in toronto called gamedaysportsarchives.com they have always made pro name plates for my jerseys

I happen to be looking for an ultrafil nameplate for an authentic Blackhawks TBTC jersey, so I took a look at the site you mentioned.

Not to knock all of their work, especially if you have gotten good service and accurate plates from them, but I did notice some problems with the Blackhawks TBTC jersey they show.

It appears as if they used regular size numbers for that jersey, as seen on their home and road jersey examples. The numbers for the 91-92 TBTC jerseys were actually about 10" instead of the normal 12" size. A different font was also used. For instance, the correct number one can be seen on this shot from Getty Images:

91-92 TBTC Blackhawks font

The lettering for the name is also suposed to be slightly thinner, and there should be subtle differences in the way some of the letters are cut.

I'm not really familiar with any other team specifications, so I can't say anything about the accuracy of any of their other work. I would suggest that anybody ordering something from them double check to be sure that it meets the level of accuracy you want for your jerseys.