NHLers you've met or would like to meet.

I thought this may be an interesting topic to discuss. I don't believe we've done a topic like this one.

Which NHLers (or former) have you been able to meet or would like to meet?

In Indianapolis, I got to a chance to meet Brian Noonan (formerly of the Rangers and Blackhawks), Darren Pang (we all know him I'm sure), Glen Featherstone, Jani Hurme, Bruce Cassidy, and Todd White. I thought White and Panger were the nicest of the group, but all were pretty friendly.

In Phoenix, my wife and I got a chance to go to the Coyotes game night for their Coyotes Charities back in the 2006-07 season. I did get a picture and a chance to meet Wayne Gretzky. Gretz was nice, a quiet guy, and a lot bigger than I thought he'd be. He stood in line for about two hours signing autographs for anyone who wanted them. That was a big thrill.

I also got to meet Roenick (a real nice guy and seemed great with the fans), Jovanovski (whom I got to sign his rookie card), Yanic Perreault, Mattias Tjarnqvist, Mike Ricci, Curtis Joseph, Mike Zigomanis, Matt Jones (whom seemed quite surprised that there was someone in attendance who had a Jones jersey personalized...I didn't have the heart to tell him it was because I share his last name), Steven Reinprecht, Oleg Saprykin, Kevyn Adams, and Georges Laraque (dude is one of the nicest guys I've ever met).

Personally, I'd like to meet Yzerman, Lafontaine, Ovechkin, Lemieux, Budaj, Sakic, and Smyth someday as well as more of the Stars players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only ones were the "stand in line to get their autographs" types of encounters, but mine were:

Kirk Maltby

Kris Draper

Joey Kocur

Martin Lapointe

Larry Murphy

Kevin Hodson

Alex Delvecchio

I did see Darren McCarty out at dinner recently, at the Japanese restaurant owned by family friends, but he looked like he was on a date, so we didn't want to bug him -- especially since other people were going up to him already.

• 2 months later...

Ive met

Theoren Fleury

Marc Andre Fleury

Evgeni Malkin-sorta....he acknowledged me wearing his jersey

Sidney Crosby

Adam Deadmarsh

Lubomir Visnovsky

Derek Morris

Felix Potvin

Ryan Getzlaf when he was a Hitmen

Craig Conroy

Mike Cammalleri

Mike Green

Jason Allison

Jarome Iginla - On the Ice while recieving an autographed helmet by him

Grant Fuhr

Jordin Tootoo

Jason Larbarbra

Matt Keetley

Colin Patterson

Robyn Regehr

Martin Gelinas

Im sure there are more

I live in an AHL city, but over the years I've met players who were AHLers then that have become or will be NHLers in the near future:

Current NHLers:

Tyler Kennedy

Max Talbot

Dany Sabourin

Kyle Brodziak

Daniel Carcillo

Tom Gilbert

Marc Antoine Pouliot

Erik Christensen

Alex Goligoski

Riley Cote

Strong change of being in the NHL at some point: