What year is this from?

avsjacketsfan

Simple, easy question. I recently purchased an Avs jersey off ebay for around $30 including shipping, not caring too much whether it was actually authentic because I just want to support my team. After reading A LOT for a few hours I am 90% sure it is retail authentic. Anyway, now I'm curious to know what year it is from, regardless of authenticity. It's made by starter and the starter logo and NHL shield are on the same rectangle, and I read that the only year this occured was the '95-'96 season. Is this correct? I have a picture, sorry for the horrendous quality.

03220900041v.jpg

Obviously if there is any other way to determine the year, that's fine to.

Edited by avsjacketsfan

That's a 1995-96 Starter jersey. The first year that Starter ever produced NHL jerseys. It should have the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag and the dark blue size tag in the collar. That baby is the real deal. Take a look!

That's a 1995-96 Starter jersey. The first year that Starter ever produced NHL jerseys. It should have the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag and the dark blue size tag in the collar. That baby is the real deal. Take a look!

Thanks you so much! It took three hours of google and this site to figure everything out, but I did it. And yep, center ice tag with dark blue size tag. Just shows you get lucky on ebay sometimes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140301810614

That there is a replica jersey as it's a size "L" (Large). Authentic jerseys would be a numbered size, ie. 46 48 52 54 56 and so on. S M L XL are replica jerseys, nothing wrong with that if you are not extremely picky like most of us collectors. I love the Starters, especially the Blues slash cut and they are getting harder to find. All in all you got a really nice jersey for a really nice price. It's a win-win situation.

The hard part now is figuring out who you are going to put on the back: The Stanley Cup year reads like a who's - who of "Hall of Fame" players to come.

Nice jersey and thanks for sharing.

STL

Not sure if I would put anyone on the back, I'd be completely scared that everything would go wrong. :unsure:

I own a jersey just like that and its one of my most prized of my collection. Its an awesome pickup. I don't think I could put anyone on the back on mine either. I just don't want to mess with it and risk ruining it.

Not sure if I would put anyone on the back, I'd be completely scared that everything would go wrong. :unsure:

You could always just go with the Cup patch!

I own a jersey just like that and its one of my most prized of my collection. Its an awesome pickup. I don't think I could put anyone on the back on mine either. I just don't want to mess with it and risk ruining it.

Why would it ruin it?

Why would it ruin it?

I'm a little gun shy on getting anything personalized really after my experience at the Honda Center with my Selanne jersey. That particular jersey in my collection is kept with my game worn jersey and put up in my closet. I'm a tad on the weird side with my favorite jerseys, I'll keep them hanging up in the closet and I'll seldom wear them unless I'm going to a game. That and I have a tendency (which drives me insane) when I get a jersey personalized to instantly regret that I didn't go another route. There are a few safe bets with me, such as Sakic, even Morrow, or Ryan Smyth but usually I prefer to keep my jerseys blank.

I'm a little gun shy on getting anything personalized really after my experience at the Honda Center with my Selanne jersey. That particular jersey in my collection is kept with my game worn jersey and put up in my closet. I'm a tad on the weird side with my favorite jerseys, I'll keep them hanging up in the closet and I'll seldom wear them unless I'm going to a game. That and I have a tendency (which drives me insane) when I get a jersey personalized to instantly regret that I didn't go another route. There are a few safe bets with me, such as Sakic, even Morrow, or Ryan Smyth but usually I prefer to keep my jerseys blank.

Yes^ Although I know I woul want to put Roy on it, the realization of it being authentic scared me out of it. About the stanly cup patch, doesn't that go on the jersey for the year AFTER they win it? Could be wrong though.

Yes^ Although I know I woul want to put Roy on it, the realization of it being authentic scared me out of it. About the stanly cup patch, doesn't that go on the jersey for the year AFTER they win it? Could be wrong though.

No the patch is for the Finals - both teams wear it. The best resource for patch info is - http://www.nhlpatches.info you can see patches worn by each team or by the league year to year.

I've always believed with the Avalanche that Roy, Sakic, or Forsberg are the perfect choices for those jerseys, especially that particular season (95-96). Me personally, I remember Forsberg hitting a hat trick in game 2 IIRC, and that's who I'd put on mine. You would want the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals patch for that one.