Predators new third jersey

johnnygriswold

There was a little bit of info regarding the Predators third jersey for next season in an article in the Nashville Tennessean.

LINK TO STORY THAT IT APPEARED

The Predators will offer a series of benefits for ticket-holders who commit to the 2/20 plan prior to April 17, one of which will be the team's new third jersey expected to be released for the 2009-10 season.

Lang declined to reveal specific colors or designs for the new third jersey, but said that it's currently going through the NHL approval process and should be available for viewing during the offseason.

aw man I was expecting pics <_<

Although I hated the main crest on the old Pred's 3rd, I actually really liked the jersey itself - especially once I saw one close up. The gold mesh with the navy underneath was pretty cool. I even kinda liked the squared off neck they had. They even had the rounded hem before the Edge style (and it worked at least on that jersey).

Here's a pic that shows the mesh detailing upclose. The downside was that from a distance (and on TV etc.) it just made the gold/yellow look darker and more like a burnt mustard.

Although I hated the main crest on the old Pred's 3rd, I actually really liked the jersey itself - especially once I saw one close up. The gold mesh with the navy underneath was pretty cool. I even kinda liked the squared off neck they had. They even had the rounded hem before the Edge style (and it worked at least on that jersey).

Here's a pic that shows the mesh detailing upclose. The downside was that from a distance (and on TV etc.) it just made the gold/yellow look darker and more like a burnt mustard.

I think someone on here has mentioned how the Thrashers pre-Edge home jerseys had the same type of effect (in their case, it was dark blue underneath the powder blue). It is really neat to see when you see it up close. That thing was just so weird looking. I have actually considered getting one lately. Personally I've grown to really like the Predators pre-Edge set more lately. I like the silver material used and the effect it had. I am curious to see what they've got in mind this time around.

I like the Thrashers pre-Edge and I didn't know it had that same mesh effect, which is a plus in my book. The only thing is I can't get past the sleeve thing anytime I've thought about trying to pick one up. I guess I'm a stickler for symmetry.

I also wanted to add that I didn't know about the cool mesh effect on the Preds 3rd until Jeff or someone on here posted about it. Definitely I wouldn't have gotten one before I found that out - now it's one of my favorite jerseys just because of the unique style.

The Predators hated playing with that third jersey, and not because of the looks. They hated that material, as some players complained that it was like wearing two jerseys, very warm and very heavy. Even the 550's are much heavier than the other styles.

The Predators hated playing with that third jersey, and not because of the looks. They hated that material, as some players complained that it was like wearing two jerseys, very warm and very heavy. Even the 550's are much heavier than the other styles.

Did the Thrashers complain about their baby blue third jerseys too? It was made of the same material.

I remember hearing about that. Its not surprising really.

Did the Thrashers complain about their baby blue third jerseys too? It was made of the same material.

Not that I ever remember. The 550 I have of that one is much lighter than the Preds third. That probably means nothing. But I would guess that when the Thrasher's jersey was designed, the complaints from the Nashville players were taken into consideration.

I agree about the replica Thrashers vs. Preds Alt jerseys. Both jerseys are thicker than regular 550s, but the replica Predators 3rd I have weighs as much as if not more than the authentic Thrashers 3rd I have, and a fair bit more than my Thrashers replica. I think the fact that the Thrashers had the hem stripe and one sleeve that was largely not the double material helps the weight alot. They are two of my favorite jerseys just becuase of the complexity of the material and would love to see the Preds bring that back, but highly doubt they will with the EDGE cut being all about speed and how light the jersey is. My theory was that the square neck style and square sholder yokes were CCMs plan for the next wave of jerseys. After using it on the Predators jersey it made its way to the 2002 and 2003 All Star Game jerseys (and the shoulders maybe onto the Sharks black 3rd). I have nothing to back up this theory, but I feel they were looking to head this way.