Victoria's Cup 2009

cuore_azzurro80

I made a new topic, because for me it will be very interesting next october.

does someone knew when will be decided which team of the NHL plays against dä european champions league winner.

last year it was the rangers against berne in switzerland.

and now it will be at zurich.

I made a new topic, because for me it will be very interesting next october.

does someone knew when will be decided which team of the NHL plays against dä european champions league winner.

last year it was the rangers against berne in switzerland.

and now it will be at zurich.

I would expect the NHL representative to be one of the 4 teams opening their season in Europe next year. Those teams are Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago and Florida.

I don't think the NHL will allow the defending Stanley Cup Champions to risk losing and making the league look bad. With that in mind, I don't think Detroit will be the team since I expect them to win the cup. St. Louis and Florida are not exactly loaded with talent and don't carry much cache, so I would expect Chicago to be the team with an outside chance of it being Detroit if they do not win the cup and the match up of the Victoria Cup does not have to be announced until after the finals are over. If so, then my money immediately changes to the Red Wings.

• 4 months later...