Research project, patch on Blues Jersey:

Saint Louis Blues

So I found a mint Starter 97-98 road blue jersey and bought it. On the hem it has the NHL Shield and also the Starter logo, but next to it there is a "Surge" patch, which has been sewn on in matching green thread and stitching just like the rest of the patches. I'm curious if someone added this patch or if it was actually worn on the ice for a promotion???????? If I can't find anything concrete I'll remove it, but would be nice to see if it was a legit patch, even if it was only worn for one game.

Jersey03.jpg

Jersey02.jpg

Jersey01.jpg

Just in case anyone wonders, it's an Authentic Center Ice Starter jersey size 52-R and not a replica:

Jersey04.jpg

Thanks in advance.

So I found a mint Starter 97-98 road blue jersey and bought it. On the hem it has the NHL Shield and also the Starter logo, but next to it there is a "Surge" patch, which has been sewn on in matching green thread and stitching just like the rest of the patches. I'm curious if someone added this patch or if it was actually worn on the ice for a promotion???????? If I can't find anything concrete I'll remove it, but would be nice to see if it was a legit patch, even if it was only worn for one game.

Jersey03.jpg

Jersey02.jpg

Jersey01.jpg

Just in case anyone wonders, it's an Authentic Center Ice Starter jersey size 52-R and not a replica:

Jersey04.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Dude, that's pretty scary with the patch. Once I bought a black sz. 52 Tampa Bay Lightning CCM Authentic from the the 90's with the same exact patch sewn on the same position. Now I'm really curious about the story behind the patch. At first I thought it was sewn there just for fun but maybe both of the jerseys were in the same collection and maybe it's some sort of ID patch? ... ok, I'm getting carried away...

Dude, that's pretty scary with the patch. Once I bought a black sz. 52 Tampa Bay Lightning CCM Authentic from the the 90's with the same exact patch sewn on the same position. Now I'm really curious about the story behind the patch. At first I thought it was sewn there just for fun but maybe both of the jerseys were in the same collection and maybe it's some sort of ID patch? ... ok, I'm getting carried away...

Very interesting indeed. I hope to find out what it is, if not dunno the future of it on my jersey, lol. I like it, it's not bothering me back there so it will probably stay, especially if we can pin down the who, what, where, why and how???

Anyone else seen one of these patches?

Getting late but did find out that Surge was a product of the Coca Cola company that was released Feb. of 1997, and that Surge was a sponsor of the NHL in the late 90's. The plot thickens! Now just need to find a file pic of a player on the ice with this patch and I'm set.

I'm certain that was never worn during a game. The jersey was probably a prize in a giveaway contest and had the patch added as part of the promotion would be my guess.