size

Carl

I have a question for you guys.

If a RBK authentic (pre-edge) jersey size 52 is slightly too big for me, will a pro-player size 48 fit me?

I have a question for you guys.

If a RBK authentic (pre-edge) jersey size 52 is slightly too big for me, will a pro-player size 48 fit me?

Yes.

I perfer a 48 and can live with a 52, but they are a bit large for my preferences, so it sounds like we are the same size.

Thanks! If I buy that jersey that I saw on ebay, it'd be my first 48 and I'm kind of worried it won't fit me. Well anyways, I'll have to take the rik at some point, right?

• 2 weeks later...

It does fit me! Mmmm... maybe I'll allow myself to buy some size 48s more often now!

Be careful though. Pro Player ran large compared to CCMs of that era. Something tells me that they just copied the Nike specs when they took over Starter in 1999 because the knit is very similiar to Nike and the oversizing that Nike had in their jerseys is very evident in Pro Player jerseys. I have two Pro Player 48's that fit like a pre-2000 CCM 52 and some 52's that are HUGE on me. If you go for pre-2000 CCM's in a size 48, they may be small on you. I have several that fit me fairly snug and I'm only 5'7".

Be careful though. Pro Player ran large compared to CCMs of that era. Something tells me that they just copied the Nike specs when they took over Starter in 1999 because the knit is very similiar to Nike and the oversizing that Nike had in their jerseys is very evident in Pro Player jerseys. I have two Pro Player 48's that fit like a pre-2000 CCM 52 and some 52's that are HUGE on me. If you go for pre-2000 CCM's in a size 48, they may be small on you. I have several that fit me fairly snug and I'm only 5'7".

Thanks for the advice, I'll be careful!

I have two Pro Player 48's that fit like a pre-2000 CCM 52 and some 52's that are HUGE on me. If you go for pre-2000 CCM's in a size 48, they may be small on you. I have several that fit me fairly snug and I'm only 5'7".

So that's what it is. I have an ultrafil CCM which I thought fit a little more tightly, but thought it was because of the material or something. My Pro Player 48 that fits me great, as does my 48 Rbk 6100. An eBay pick up arrived tonight (a size 48 mid to late 90s CCM practice jersey). It seemed to fit a bit snugger than my other 48s. Not that its as small as a current 46 or doesn't fit, but I can tell the difference.

Good to know why, and that there are 52s out there (besides the Edge 52 that I wear) that I would be ok in though. Means more jerseys to choose from :thumbsup:

For the heck of it, I threw some of my jerseys on the floor together to see how the differences literally stack up.

From top to bottom: red Rbk 6100 46, white CCM early 90's 48, red Rbk 6100 48, black Pro Player 48.

jerseycomparison.jpg

jerseycomparison2.jpg

For the heck of it, I threw some of my jerseys on the floor together to see how the differences literally stack up.

From top to bottom: red Rbk 6100 46, white CCM early 90's 48, red Rbk 6100 48, black Pro Player 48.

jerseycomparison.jpg

jerseycomparison2.jpg

I don't know why, but I've got the feeling you're a huge hawks fan.

Those are Hawks jerseys are a beauty. I often don't rank them high enough in the list of NHL jerseys, and I think a lot of that has to do with how dark the United Center looks on TV, but in good light that is an amazing set of jerseys.

I have a new appreciation for the hawks jersey since I got mine. The detailing in the logos is incredible. Never saw it on a jersey before.

I don't know why, but I've got the feeling you're a huge hawks fan.

Whatever gave you that idea? :D

It is a beauty. There are other jerseys that I like, but there is just something about ours that set it apart from others.

Whatever gave you that idea? :D

It is a beauty. There are other jerseys that I like, but there is just something about ours that set it apart from others.

If you're talking about the logo, I completely agree with you!

The chain stitching on the primary and shoulder logos really is remarkable. Before I owned an authentic Hawks jersey, I always thought the face was just layers of twill but when I got my Nike one, I was amazed. I assume they still do that with the RBK ones?

The chain stitching on the primary and shoulder logos really is remarkable. Before I owned an authentic Hawks jersey, I always thought the face was just layers of twill but when I got my Nike one, I was amazed. I assume they still do that with the RBK ones?

I do love the quality and detail of our logos. And yes, the new Edge authentic jerseys have the same quality logos as previous authentics. It was only on the Premier replicas that they screwed with things and changed the shoulder patches from the usual replica quality to that awful screen printed deal. The replica primary crest is still ok though.