Jersey logo rejuvenation

AeroFishOne

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I've noticed that on my older jerseys the fabric on the center logo's has become slack and wrinkled. I bought an older Tampa Bay Lightning jersey and the bolt on the front looks like a lose t-shirt. Is there any way to stiffen the patch back up and make it like new again?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing a while back. I have a really old Penguins Starter jersey that I had to clean up a little bit (puck marks of my youth), but I noticed the crest is flimsy compared to some of my other jerseys. I'd love to restore it to it's orginal state or close, if it's at all possible.

I recently picked up a Starter Avs authentic from the late 90's with the same problem. The jersey itself is in pretty good shape, the shoulder patches are fine, but the front crest is flimsy and has some rippling in the middle of it.

My plan was to pick up a new crest on eBay and see about having it replaced. Unfortunately it's way on the bottom of a very long list of jersey projects I have.

Replacement is an option but that would be last resort or nearly impossible for me. I dont trust enough people in my area to stitch it back on correctly. I thought about putting starch on it and ironing but I'm not going to try that untill i hear from someone else.