Colorado Red

slime

I've had a white Avalanche jersey for some time. I guess I got it around 1997.

I think it was considered a "semi-pro" jersey, made by CCM.

It was definitely of better quality than the regular CCM replicas from back then.

It's pretty much exactly like this one:

6b63_1.JPG

What I want to know is, did the Avalanche change the red colour on their uniform or are these jerseys just unusually bright?

Most photographs I see of players look like they are wearing a much darker red, and a lot of other Avs jerseys I have seen have been much darker.

Compare it to this jersey:

9325_1.JPG

Does anyone know the reason for this?

This is a strange coincidence but here's another shot of a jersey like mine.

My shoulder patches are peeling off too. <_<

4d55_1.JPG

Well, you're actually talking about two different eras in CCM replicas there. The first one is from the old pre-2000 CCM replica line with the team logo on the hemline next to the CCM logo. The second has the CCM logo on the sleeve and the NHL puck on the hemline. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if the colors were indeed different.

I run into a similar issue with maroon Minnesota Gophers jerseys. Some brands or production runs vary in the richness of the shade of maroon. Some are so light they are unacceptable.

According the the Society for Sports Uniform Research (SSUR.org), they have had only one shade of burgundy their entire history, so any color variations you find in Avs jerseys are due to production variances.

http://ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Hockey...ockeyLeague.htm

1995-1996 through present

ColoradoAvalanche_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

The shoulders on my pre-2000 Bruins CCM did the same thing, as well as the logo on the tail falling off. Looks like they used the same crappy adhesive for the entire line back then, because I thought it was just me. I did end up sewing the shoulder patches down myself, though.

According the the Society for Sports Uniform Research (SSUR.org), they have had only one shade of burgundy their entire history, so any color variations you find in Avs jerseys are due to production variances.

http://ssur.org/research/TeamColors/Hockey...ockeyLeague.htm

1995-1996 through present

ColoradoAvalanche_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Very cool site I didn't know existed Jeff.

I just wish they provided more information on that specific color (PMS info etc.)

Very cool site I didn't know existed Jeff.

I just wish they provided more information on that specific color (PMS info etc.)

Yea. Or how about, oh, I don't know, pictures of the jerseys themselves!