Preds 3rd jersey

akteon

I picked up an authentic Koho Nashville Predators 3rd jersey a short while back on eBay solely based on comments here on the IJ board about the unique design (the gold mesh with the navy underneath). I was not disappointed - it's really a nice look, especially up close and the shoulder patches are nice (although I still hate the main crest).

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the Preds but I would like to get this bad boy customized. Therein lies my problem - who to get it customized as. It's a Koho not RBK so to be most accurate that's 3 seasons 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04. I'm leaning towards 2002-03 since they wore a 5th Anniversary patch then - but I've also read those are very hard to come by.

2001-02 Nashville Predators

2002-03 Nashville Predators

2003-04 Nashville Predators

Right now I'm leaning towards #18 Adam Hall, simply because all of the customized jerseys I currently have with one exception are of current or former Rangers and I do like Hall, especially his play for the Pens in the playoffs last season. Then again, Hall only played half a season in New York and frankly I'm not sure I care all that much about my "Rangers only" rule.

So any thoughts? Walker? Legwand? Maybe a Stu Grimson final season jersey?

Pass on an opportunity to make a "Bubba" Berenzweig? Never!

Walker, Erat & Legwand are all decent choices but if it were me, I'd go with #9 Sergei Zholtok, but I wouldn't expect anyone else to. For the record, mine is a Vokoun.

Well for a Rangers connection, why not Mike Dunham? He was traded from the Preds to the Rags. I like Jordin Tootoo with the #55. It took him 3 tries to get his number. First 55, which is the 22 upside down, then 14 when Kronwall came to the team for one season and got #55. Finally he got #22 after the lockout.

Going on statistics Legwand, Walker, Timonen, and Vokoun are solid choices. A Tootoo rookie jersey would be okay because he's a fan favorite.

Dunham I never really cared for. There are only 3 Rangers goalies from the last 15 years I'd put on a jersey - Richter, Beezer, and Lundqvist.

Are the Nashville 5th Anniversary patches still impossible to find? That alone could help me narrow it down to just one season.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

Are the Nashville 5th Anniversary patches still impossible to find? That alone could help me narrow it down to just one season.

I have no idea where to find one of those. If you do find one, better share it since there's several of us wanting one.