Team- shoulderpatches on All-Star jerseys

ENTE22

What is the easiest way to get the right patch for an all-star jersey? Can you i.e mail icejerseys and tell them to add the teams patch to the custom. job?

Or, if you go into the specific teams shop on shop.nhl, and order the all-star jersey from their shop, is the patch automatically added?

Any replies are appreciated.

What is the easiest way to get the right patch for an all-star jersey? Can you i.e mail icejerseys and tell them to add the teams patch to the custom. job?

Or, if you go into the specific teams shop on shop.nhl, and order the all-star jersey from their shop, is the patch automatically added?

Any decent place that does customizing should add the team logo patch to an all-star jersey as part of adding the player name and number. You may have to pay an additional $15-$25 to cover the cost of the patch, but hopefully it would be calculated into the price of an all-star jersey kit.

The All-Star Game patch itself is a slightly different story. Many times they come as part of the blank jersey, like in 2004. Other times, especially when a jersey style has lasted more than one year, they do not necessarily come with the jersey and are probably not considered to be part of the "player customization".

Don't assume that they will add any patches though. Make sure you know where you stand up front.

If they don't have them, you can nearly always scare up what you need from ebay and have it sewn on in your hometown by a letter jacket store or seamstress/tailor shop. There should be no reason to mail your jersey halfway across the country to have a patch sewn on.

By the way, shop.nhl is about the worst place for quality customizing, in both materials and workmanship. Seriously.

Any decent place that does customizing should add the team logo patch to an all-star jersey as part of adding the player name and number. You may have to pay an additional $15-$25 to cover the cost of the patch, but hopefully it would be calculated into the price of an all-star jersey kit.

The All-Star Game patch itself is a slightly different story. Many times they come as part of the blank jersey, like in 2004. Other times, especially when a jersey style has lasted more than one year, they do not necessarily come with the jersey and are probably not considered to be part of the "player customization".

Don't assume that they will add any patches though. Make sure you know where you stand up front.

If they don't have them, you can nearly always scare up what you need from ebay and have it sewn on in your hometown by a letter jacket store or seamstress/tailor shop. There should be no reason to mail your jersey halfway across the country to have a patch sewn on.

By the way, shop.nhl is about the worst place for quality customizing, in both materials and workmanship. Seriously.

Halfway across the world actually, but yeah, I get your point :)

As for the shop.nhl, I would never consider getting a customjob there, recently got my Senators edge with an Icejerseys custom. job, and it was flawless :).

The best thing would probably be to order the patch and get it done at a local shop, shouldnt be a problem to attach a single patch, thanks.

Not quite sure if this is what you're asking, but if I'm looking for a team patch for an all-star jersey I always look on eBay. Seller altanhl has a pretty big selection of team and country patches depending on how far you'd like to go back.

I'd also assume that whoever is customizing it for you isn't going to add the patches. It's always safer to send in what you'd like added if you know for a fact they're not on the jersey already. Order the jersey, see what you get when it comes, order what you need to as far as the rest of the patches, and then send it off again to add the rest.

I've had a lot of success with Triple Threat Sports in the past as far as customizing goes.

I hope that helps...

Not quite sure if this is what you're asking, but if I'm looking for a team patch for an all-star jersey I always look on eBay. Seller altanhl has a pretty big selection of team and country patches depending on how far you'd like to go back.

I'd also assume that whoever is customizing it for you isn't going to add the patches. It's always safer to send in what you'd like added if you know for a fact they're not on the jersey already. Order the jersey, see what you get when it comes, order what you need to as far as the rest of the patches, and then send it off again to add the rest.

I've had a lot of success with Triple Threat Sports in the past as far as customizing goes.

I hope that helps...

Yeah it did, thanks alot. Helps me get a broad perspective on the matter and what to do when I eventually purchase an allstar jersey :)

It's always best to contact the vendor first to confirm whether it's possible. I have an 02 All-Stars jersey for which I'm still scrounging around for the right patches. I asked both a local shop and IJ if they could do the shoulder patches on the blank All-Star, but neither could. I got a Canada flag patch on my own thereafter, but finding the right team logo in a close size and style is proving to be more difficult that what one might assume.

Although I hate to trash a vendor that others have had success with, I didn't have any luck with AltaNHL on eBay. While I chalk it up to coincidental bad luck, I'm guessing that I'm not the only person who's had a bad experience with them because they've written their terms of shipping and responsibility a lot more clearly in recent auctions than when I bought from them. I suppose if I would have gotten the express shipping option, I might have had better luck, but I didn't think it would be that big a deal at the time.