Legit replica or a knock-off?

State 0f Chaos

I haven't posted on this forum in a while, but I do come back here from time to time. Anyway, I asked the person for some more pictures, but incase they do not reply in time...from the front (and the front alone, it's the only picture) does this look like a real replica or a knock-off?

358p6bn.jpg

My main concern is the white-stripe on the right arm appears to just be a layer of material sewn onto the jersey, rather than just the jersey colored white. Is that normal for Starter replicas of the time? Some letters look a little crooked, but I can't tell if that's just my eyes imagining it, if it's because of how the jersey is hung, or they are really crooked.

I haven't posted on this forum in a while, but I do come back here from time to time. Anyway, I asked the person for some more pictures, but incase they do not reply in time...from the front (and the front alone, it's the only picture) does this look like a real replica or a knock-off?

358p6bn.jpg

My main concern is the white-stripe on the right arm appears to just be a layer of material sewn onto the jersey, rather than just the jersey colored white. Is that normal for Starter replicas of the time? Some letters look a little crooked, but I can't tell if that's just my eyes imagining it, if it's because of how the jersey is hung, or they are really crooked.

Legit (as far as I know at least). Just happened to have dug this one out of the closet last week:

pict0001smalljk4.jpg

pict0002smallcd2.jpg

pict0005smallyv0.jpg

Should've taken a picture of the inside as the black, like the white stripe is sewn on, can't be seen in the inside other than some stitching.

edit: might want to ask for some measurements as well. Mine is a Large and strangely enough it's the same size as my Medium Capitals :mellow:

Legit (as far as I know at least). Just happened to have dug this one out of the closet last week:

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5188/pict0001smalljk4.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3853/pict0002smallcd2.jpg

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/5115/pict0005smallyv0.jpg

Should've taken a picture of the inside as the black, like the white stripe is sewn on, can't be seen in the inside other than some stitching.

edit: might want to ask for some measurements as well. Mine is a Large and strangely enough it's the same size as my Medium Capitals :mellow:

Thanks for the pictures, seeing it with my own eyes to compare definitely helps. And haha, alright, I'll be sure to do that.

How does the lettering on the front look to you in the picture in at the top? Does it look crooked at all? Hopefully I will get more pictures of it from the person to confirm, but I'd like to hear a second opinion since it's difficult for me to tell.

Actually my Starter authentic has the same raised stripes on the arms too.

Regarding the lettering, lay it flat and look at it. Usually when the jersey is hanging, it's gonna look off. Here's a flat version:

guinscirca1993Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

I always thought the P was a little off but that might be because there wasn't too much room at the top of the jersey.

Very true. People and sizes have gotten bigger over the years. I've always gotten size L in jerseys, but the older ones (like early/mid '90s) are smaller -- more like mediums -- and I recently got a Reebok authentic Bruins in size 48 (pre-RBK) but that feels like a replica XL. My Reebok Red Wings in size 46 feels closer in size to my batch of CCM/Koho replica larges.