Source for NHL jersey crest

plager8fan

Anybody know a good source (online or brick-and-mortar) for NHL jersey crests? I got an older Canadiens jersey on ebay, and of course the jersey is in worse condition that described. Should send it back, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and just replace the front crest with a new patch... Thanks for any guidance

Brilliant - thanks for the reply. It's a ProPlayer brand jersey, at least 10 years old. The front crest is 10 inches wide by 7 inches tall. I've seen some of the crests on Ebay, but they cost about $15 USD plus shipping. Seems a bit extreme for a piece of cloth that weighs a few ounces... but it might be the price I have to pay. Thanks again, I'll poke around on Ebay a little more for a better deal...

If you're getting a professional quality patch, then it's definitely worth it. Is the jersey authentic? If so, those are QUITE rare.

It definitely has the appearance of being an authentic, but have no way of knowing for sure (the curse of Ebay). The Canadiens crest is definitely showing it's age (thread-bare, discolored), so either it's authentic, or it's been washed WAY too many times. I'm sure you're right... getting a good quality new crest is definitely worth the expense and effort. Guess I'm just a little gun-shy from being Ebay-ed too much!

Thanks again for the help.

Well, actually you can tell quite easily. Is the NHL shield embroidered into the hemline? Is there a fight strap? If you answered yes to any or all these questions, you're a winner!

Sorry, guess I'm a loser (kind of knew that already); there is no NHL shield and no fight strap. Just a ProPlayer replica.

Thanks for the education! Hopefully I'll be a smarter shopper next time (if there is a next time)...

I have purchased quite a few crests and shoulder patches on ebay from several different sellers. All of them were brand-new condition and had the adhesive glue backing -- ready for heat sealing.

A local jersey shop was more than happy to heat seal them for a nominal fee. I've had the crests applied to solid color jerseys for a practice-jersey style. And in one case re-created a jersey I could not find.

Paired with a Stanley Cup patch, a crest also makes nice framed artwork.

There are TONS of crests on ebay.

Thanks, sounds like EBay is the best source to try... like I said in previous posts, the Ebay factor (buying WITHOUT actually seeing or touching) has bitten me recently. But, have to go with the best, most available option I guess. Thanks again!

And in one case re-created a jersey I could not find.

This sounds like it could be an interesting story. What jersey was it?

I was looking for an XL white Rangers liberty jersey, to go along with my blue liberty. I watched ebay for months, but all I saw was too small, or lettered and numbered for Gretzky. I'm not really interested in NHL player names and numbers on my jerseys.

Authenticity is not important to me on jerseys I wear on the ice, so I bought an AK jersey in the white Rangers Liberty pattern and heat sealed the two shoulder patches and crest I bought on ebay. Between the jersey, the crests and the heat-sealing fee, I probably paid about $70. I don't recall seeing that jersey for that price anywhere. True-- its not a CCM licensed jersey, but I am OK with that.

I know the purists will say I should be burned at the stake, but it makes me happy and it was much cheaper than buying a numbered/lettered jersey.

I have also heat-sealed a Montreal crest to a navy blue jersey, a Calgary crest to a white jersey and a Binghamton Senators crest to a black jersey. Blasphemy, I know, but I like them and I think they look interesting <while being affordable>

I have a stack of other crests piling up, but I only play 2-3 times a week, so I already have more than I really need.