Jersey appraisal

Brilliant!

Is there any way to find out how much jerseys are worth? I've been wondering this for some time now. I'd love to find out how much I've got hanging in my closet. I've done rough estimates but I know they're not accurate given the rarity of some of the ones I have. Anybody?

I've wondered this myself, sometimes you can't find what you've got on ebay to get an idea of what its worth.

For some of you guys on here, it must be fun to explain to the insurance guy that your homeowners insurance needs $75,000 in coverage for hockey jerseys!

• 3 weeks later...
I've wondered this myself, sometimes you can't find what you've got on ebay to get an idea of what its worth.

For some of you guys on here, it must be fun to explain to the insurance guy that your homeowners insurance needs $75,000 in coverage for hockey jerseys!

I'm an insurance guy and I haven't heard that one yet. . .

Have had somebody insure his wife's $20,000 wedding ring though. . .

You need a Personal Articles Floater for anything of value such as collections, most insurance companies are accomodating but really you should only get actual cash value for the jerseys meaning replacement value minus depreciation depending on age so an old jersey might fetch you next to nothing. You can't go wrong with Personal Articles coverage because you schedule all your valuables at usually an agreed value with the insurance company, they do investigate so you can't just come up with a number. Take pictures as well and keep them in your file with your insurance agent. By the way these coverages tie to your home or tenant's policy.

End of class.

Sorry, I don't do property and casualty insurance. However, if you have any questions about Medicare, long term care, or life insurance, I can help. :lol:

Is there any way to find out how much jerseys are worth? I've been wondering this for some time now. I'd love to find out how much I've got hanging in my closet. I've done rough estimates but I know they're not accurate given the rarity of some of the ones I have. Anybody?

They're worth whatever someone will pay for them. Couldn't help it... :P

There needs to be a Beckett-like hockey jersey price guide. Now there's a project for any driven entrepreneurs out there.