NHL wanting to go the NFL route.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04202008/sport...7265.htm?page=2

This particular snippet caught my attention. I found this by way of the truth and rumors section on cnnsi.com

You know the tinted visor that has become part of Alex Ovechkin's trademark look? The NHL wants to outlaw it.

You know the jersey tuck made famous by Wayne Gretzky, and now adopted by players including Jaromir JagrJaromir Jagr ? The NHL wants to outlaw that, too.

Indeed, the NHL wants to institute a uniform code much like the NFL's costume police enforce. We're told the push - which also would prohibit players from wearing long strings on their pants; any color tape on their socks other than the predominant team color, any color skate laces other than white or the predominant team color; and from zipping or cutting open the inner part of their pants - is actually part of a larger agenda to grant Reebok exclusivity on apparel within the locker room from 90 minutes before a game until 90 minutes after one.

The grunge look favored by Ovechkin? Gone. Individualism? Gone.

It's the one-size-fits-all operation.

Wouldn't it figure it was only a matter of time before this comes up. I've not heard this anywhere else yet, but am pretty disgusted by it. One of the things that's gotten boring about the NFL in my opinion is how they want everyone to be a robot (its not called the No Fun League for nothing), and its especially bad in auto racing. I mean c'mon, we got teams wearing jerseys that look like other teams and now they want everyone to look alike???

Leave it to Gary Bettman and RBK!!!

No surprise there. Heil Bettman!

bettman_idiot.jpg

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.