help with this vintage jersey

bruno

what makes me question it is that it doesnt have the V patch... is this a fake?

also, if it is infact authentic, just without the V patch i will just take the V off my replica jersey and put it on this one. also im not very familiar with the vintage line jerseys, so i wanted to know if the patches inside the jersey were correct for an authentic jersey

heres the pics...

post-818-1207111082_thumb.jpg

post-818-1207111087_thumb.jpg

post-818-1207111092_thumb.jpg

post-818-1207111096_thumb.jpg

post-818-1207111101_thumb.jpg

CCM originally put the V patch on the jerseys of the teams that used them in 2003-04 on ice i believe. They did make versions without the V patch, see the 2006-07 Canucks on ice jerseys for that.

I'm pretty sure they used to sell those as part of the vintage line before the Canucks, Rangers, Canadiens, Blues, and I forget who else started wearing the vintage jerseys. They didn't start putting the V patch on them until they were being worn on the ice.

EDIT: Now that I see it is a Bertuzzi jersey, that couldn't have been the case, so I guess benpc21 is correct.

I'm pretty sure they used to sell those as part of the vintage line before the Canucks, Rangers, Canadiens, Blues, and I forget who else started wearing the vintage jerseys. They didn't start putting the V patch on them until they were being worn on the ice.

EDIT: Now that I see it is a Bertuzzi jersey, that couldn't have been the case, so I guess benpc21 is correct.

I think you are right in that they did sell those jerseys in the Vintage line before they were used as alternates, I just remember that when they did start wearing them and the Rangers, nucks, Canadiens, Blues etc had home and away they added the V patch since they usually or only wore them playing against each other to recognize them as Vintage jersey as not as real alternates, as some teams, ie the Canucks and Rangers, each 5 jerseys that year (home, road, alternate, vintage home, vintage road). In 05-06, the Canadiens and the Canucks each kept one of their Vintage jerseys, each with the V patch. In 06-07 4 teams, Boston, Buffalo, Edmonton, and Vancouver had vintage alternates all of which did not have the Vintage patch.

I believe the Bertuzzi jersey in question is from the time before the on ice Vintage program was introduced so the jersey can be legit, but the Cancuks only wore the white one on ice with the Vintage patch on the upper breast if that makes a difference to you.