Getting adhesive off of a jersey?

irishlaxburger2

Alright so I stripped a RBK Premier today. The customization was from NHL.com with the awful vinyl letters and a little bit of glue (got it as a gift and the tags were already removed so I couldnt bring it back). I was able to remove everything perfectly fine except the captain "C" which isnt stitched on at all but instead is completely glued on. Now I have a large, thick adhesive stain in the shape of a "C" on the chest of my jersey. Anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks a lot!

Alright so I stripped a RBK Premier today. The customization was from NHL.com with the awful vinyl letters and a little bit of glue (got it as a gift and the tags were already removed so I couldnt bring it back). I was able to remove everything perfectly fine except the captain "C" which isnt stitched on at all but instead is completely glued on. Now I have a large, thick adhesive stain in the shape of a "C" on the chest of my jersey. Anyone know how to remove it?

Thanks a lot!

While stuff like Goof-Off can dissolve most adhesives and residue, I'm not sure what it would do to the material underneath -- whether it would damage it or discolor it. Could be worth trying it out on the remnants of the stuff you removed, maybe.