Heat press kit question

Yzerman fan

I've got an international Linkoping jersey from the SEL and got a heat press kit with the name Franzen and 6. I've never done a heat press before on a jersey. Has anyone done this and have any tips on what I need to do? Thanks!

Sorry to horn in on this topic, but I just got a game worn Iceland National Team jersey with heat pressed numbers.

I had to wash it to get the funky smell out of it and when I took it out of the wash, I noticed that the top layer of one of the sleeve numbers and the bottom bar of the "2" on the back were coming off. Since it's game worn I don't want to alter it so sewing the layer down is completely out of the question. Is that something I could iron back down, or do I need some sort of particular adhesive to reattach the loose areas?

I use iron-on-textile glue which on a paper sheet that I iron onto the back of nameplates, then peel off the paper and iron/heat press onto the jersey. It's called "Vliesofix" over here but I'm pretty sure you can get something very similar at a fabric store in your place.

Glad I asked, I was going to line them up and iron them on...never done this before... So, I need to put that textile glue onto my name and numbers and then iron them on?

Glad I asked, I was going to line them up and iron them on...never done this before... So, I need to put that textile glue onto my name and numbers and then iron them on?

Yes, you have to put the glue on the backside of the layer. You'll get it explained better at your local fabric store.

Make sure to cover the numbers with wet cotton (white plain t-shirt or else) before ironing, otherwise the polyester will melt.

• 1 month later...

Bought some liquid stitch..(permanent adhesive) and Steam a seam (double stick fusible web) says it sticks to both sides when applied and bonds permanently when ironed...is this what you were talking about and what do I need to do to make sure I don't burn or melt the polyester jerseys I would like to do this to...thanks for your help...again...

Bought some liquid stitch..(permanent adhesive) and Steam a seam (double stick fusible web) says it sticks to both sides when applied and bonds permanently when ironed...is this what you were talking about and what do I need to do to make sure I don't burn or melt the polyester jerseys I would like to do this to...thanks for your help...again...

That Steam a seam stuff sounds like the stuff I'm using for nameplates.

Make sure to cover the numbers with wet cotton (white plain t-shirt or else) before ironing, otherwise the polyester will melt.