NJ Devils - Reebok

cdoug55

Can someone tell me when teams switched to the Reebok 6100 jersey, particularly the Devils? I just bought a blank from lakeshow on ebay and would like to send it to icejerseys to have customized. I ask because I was thinking of looking for a 2003 stanley cup patch and having that put on there.

My second question is regarding the Stanley Cup patches on ebay. I think I read on these forums that most have a plastic backing? Does this plastic backing make it difficult to stitch on?

Thanks guys.

Reebok became the official supplier of jerseys after the lockout, so 2005-2007 for the 6100 series. The Devils won the Stanley Cup when the Home jersey was KOHO and the road was CCM. As for the patches, there was thread on how to remove the plastic backing, but I've yet to try that so I'll let someone with experience give you that info.

I got my Stanley Cup patches from these guys

They didn't come with that plastic backing so you can just put it right on the jersey the way it is when you receive it.

Taking the plastic backing off is pretty easy anyway. I just use a heat gun on the backing until it starts to detach from the patch itself and then you can peel it right off with a knife or something. Just make sure you don't heat it up too much because then you could melt part of the patch, I did that once.

Right I forgot about the koho jerseys. Bummer, it would be kind of odd to add a 2003 patch to a jersey they didnt wear back then. But I think I'm going to go with Stevens on this jersey. Im torn between Brodeur and Stevens, yeah I know, they are both very popular for jerseys but the way I see it Stevens was just an animal and well Marty is a future hall of famer. Not to mention my other devils jersey is Sykora so I already have a more obscure one hahaha.

Right I forgot about the koho jerseys. Bummer, it would be kind of odd to add a 2003 patch to a jersey they didnt wear back then. But I think I'm going to go with Stevens on this jersey. Im torn between Brodeur and Stevens, yeah I know, they are both very popular for jerseys but the way I see it Stevens was just an animal and well Marty is a future hall of famer. Not to mention my other devils jersey is Sykora so I already have a more obscure one hahaha.

Yea neither of those will ever go out of style, but if you're trying to stay completely accurate you should go with Brodeur because Scott Stevens never wore the Reebok jersey, his last season was 2003-04.