Bruins question

Brilliant!

I recently bought a nice white Bruins Cam Neely authentic circa 1991-95 on eBay. The only thing is, the name is sewn directly onto the back. As far as I know, the B's wore a nameplate back then, right? It's not an uncorrectible problem but I am curious. I know the jersey itself is the real deal...I just want to know if it was the victim of a crappy custom job.

According to dropthepucks.com pictures, the Bruins did indeed have nameplates on their jerseys in the time period in question.

Bruins Game Worn Jerseys

I know the jersey itself is the real deal...I just want to know if it was the victim of a crappy custom job.

I wouldn't call a missing nameplate a crappy custom job. If the fonts are correct, you can put the letter from the jersey onto a nameplate and sew it back on. That will cover the stitching outlines on the jersey.

By the way, what size is the jersey? Can you post any pics?

Yeah sorry about that. I was lazy last night and didn't take the pictures of it.

tonBruinscirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

onBruinscirca1991bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The other reason I called it a crappy customization is because the numbers don't look right also. The arm ones look too thick and the back one looks too tall.

Yeah sorry about that. I was lazy last night and didn't take the pictures of it.

tonBruinscirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The other reason I called it a crappy customization is because the numbers don't look right also. The arm ones look too thick and the back one looks too tall.

Well, it'll still be hard to tell, if there will be stitching outline or stains of the adhesive backing of the numbers and letters or even a color transfer from the yellow layer when you remove the lettering. What size is that jersey?

It's a 48. As far as the lettering goes, it feels like they were all adhesed before stitching so I'm probably s.o.l. I'm not gonna complain too much though because it's still a beautiful jersey. Maybe I can find a blank one somewhere and sell this one.

It's a 48. As far as the lettering goes, it feels like they were all adhesed before stitching so I'm probably s.o.l. I'm not gonna complain too much though because it's still a beautiful jersey. Maybe I can find a blank one somewhere and sell this one.

Have you tried to pull the jersey material from the back of the number to find out how strong both materials are attached? It's indeed a beautiful jersey, still looking for a size 54 or 56 but would also take size 52. The one size 50 I recently got is already sold.

For what it's worth, mine looks like this.

2854280340100337552S425x425Q85.jpg