1996-97 Rangers Starter Authentic

BanthaBeard

Hi Guys. I posted on here about a year ago but haven't managed to visit much since. I was wondering if anyone could help me with an authentic Starter jersey I picked up on ebay a week or so ago. It is a Ranger home from the 1996-97 season but as I've never owned a mesh jersey before (and I've had a bad experiance of someone selling me a fake in the past) I wanted to get confirmation from some of the wise heads on here that it is indeed a bonefide authentic. The CCM authentics from recent years are a lot heavier in terms of material compared to this so can anyone help and confirm that this is the real deal?

post-684-1203197735_thumb.jpg

post-684-1203197762_thumb.jpg

post-684-1203197750_thumb.jpg

That is the real deal sir. 1996-97 was the one year that Starter used three tags inside the collar; the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag, size tag and Starter tag. Also, the hemline logo should have the S-star logo with Starter underneath. The mesh material that Starter used was significantly lighter than CCM's and a lot shinier. You certainly are sitting on a winner.

That is the real deal sir. 1996-97 was the one year that Starter used three tags inside the collar; the Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag, size tag and Starter tag. Also, the hemline logo should have the S-star logo with Starter underneath. The mesh material that Starter used was significantly lighter than CCM's and a lot shinier. You certainly are sitting on a winner.

They're a bit thinner and softer, I love those jerseys

I like the mesh ones AND the air-knit version that Starter had. It was a tighter knit than a CCM air-knit but so much softer. The CCMs feel like sandpaper next to those Starter jerseys.

I like the mesh ones AND the air-knit version that Starter had. It was a tighter knit than a CCM air-knit but so much softer. The CCMs feel like sandpaper next to those Starter jerseys.

That's right. Do you have one of those Made in USA Starters? They're even softer but also thinner

Thanks for the confirmation. The main thing I'd noticed between this and the newer authentics was the lightness of the material by comparison. I've found that this mesh jersey creases a lot easier as well.

Now to send it into IceJerseys. I think I'll get it customized with Graves #9, ready for his retirement ceremony next season.

Thanks again! :thumbsup: