How much would you pay?

philly88

I know someone who is selling an early to mid 90's CCM Authentic Rangers home jersey uncustomized. Of course, the jersey shows some sign of wear but not much. I would like to eventually customize it with Messier and the SC patch on the shoulder. How much would you guys pay for this jersey if you had a chance to pick it up?

I don't know what's going on with that jersey but it's not authentic. The letters in RANGERS aren't sewn on; they look glued on. That's very weird considering there's a Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag on it.

Looks Authentic to me, but the thing with the front letters is really weird. Can you get us some close-ups of that? I'd also like to see what's stitched in the hem.

I'll see if i can get the guy to send more

That ripped tag raises a red flag for me. When a garment is damaged, mis-manufactured, or is a returned item, they are sometimes resold with the tag slashed. Also the one picture is taken with a finger covering the bottom right corner. Is something on the tag being hidden? Something just doesn't seem right about this jersey to me. Caveat emptor.

That ripped tag raises a red flag for me. When a garment is damaged, mis-manufactured, or is a returned item, they are sometimes resold with the tag slashed. Also the one picture is taken with a finger covering the bottom right corner. Is something on the tag being hidden? Something just doesn't seem right about this jersey to me. Caveat emptor.

Well the red on the shoulders are bleeding as you can tell by one of the pictures...that could be one defect.

That's easy. The hang tags were attached to that ripped tag. It rips when you pull off the hang tags. I don't think there's something wrong the jersey. The heat applied front letters might indicate a season before 1994 (rather not, I don't remeber any Rangers jersey with heat applied front letters)

I wouldn't buy it anyway because it sure has some ugly stains on the shoulder stripes. Who knows if they'll ever disappear again.

That's easy. The hang tags were attached to that ripped tag. It rips when you pull off the hang tags. I don't think there's something wrong the jersey. The heat applied front letters might indicate a season before 1994 (rather not, I don't remeber any Rangers jersey with heat applied front letters)

I wouldn't buy it anyway because it sure has some ugly stains on the shoulder stripes. Who knows if they'll ever disappear again.

Stores that sell rejects or mis-manufactured clothes cut the tags like this. I have over 250 jerseys and I've never even come close to ripping a tag like that by pulling the hang tags off. And if that is the case, which I doubt, that's just another strike against this jersey. The former owner didn't treat it well. Philly88, good luck to you if you decide to buy this. But I really think there is something fishy about the way that tag is ripped and covered bu the guy's finger in that picture. I would pass, but if you can buy this cheap, and I do mean cheap, that's you're decision.

Stores that sell rejects or mis-manufactured clothes cut the tags like this. I have over 250 jerseys and I've never even come close to ripping a tag like that by pulling the hang tags off. And if that is the case, which I doubt, that's just another strike against this jersey. The former owner didn't treat it well. Philly88, good luck to you if you decide to buy this. But I really think there is something fishy about the way that tag is ripped and covered bu the guy's finger in that picture. I would pass, but if you can buy this cheap, and I do mean cheap, that's you're decision.

I don't plan to buy it..as soon as some indecision comes up then I tend to let it go..thanks

Hang tags are rarely punched in that high. That tag is ripped all the way up to the CCM logo. That was no accident, IMO. Do you realize how rough you would have to pull to rip it like that? The plastic would have snapped well before a rip like that. That was intentionally cut, IMO.