Rangers Customization Specs

NYRangers_fan1994

I have 2 Rangers jerseys that I want to have fixed and one I want to have recustomized (2 EDGE and 1 RBK 6100) For all three jerseys, the names are too small, arched too much, and the 2 EDGE jerseys have airknit nameplates. I sent an email to Josh at EPS, and he got back to me, saying I would need to include detailed specifications on what I want to do for the names. Now, I was wondering if anyone knows the actual measurements for the letters used for the players names for both the EDGE jerseys and RBK 6100 jerseys. Or, what information people have used/included when getting Rangers jerseys done at EPS. And if anyone has any good pictures/links of the backs of Rangers jerseys I can print out and include with the jerseys to show the proper arch for the pkayers names on the back. The jerseys I have are a blue Callahan EDGE, a blue Lundqvist RBK 6100 and a white EDGE that I want to turn into a McDonagh (with 85th anniversary patch). Thanks for any help.

Edited by NYRangers_fan1994

I have 2 Rangers jerseys that I want to have fixed and one I want to have recustomized (2 EDGE and 1 RBK 6100) For all three jerseys, the names are too small, arched too much, and the 2 EDGE jerseys have airknit nameplates. I sent an email to Josh at EPS, and he got back to me, saying I would need to include detailed specifications on what I want to do for the names. Now, I was wondering if anyone knows the actual measurements for the letters used for the players names for both the EDGE jerseys and RBK 6100 jerseys. Or, what information people have used/included when getting Rangers jerseys done at EPS. And if anyone has any good pictures/links of the backs of Rangers jerseys I can print out and include with the jerseys to show the proper arch for the pkayers names on the back. The jerseys I have are a blue Callahan EDGE, a blue Lundqvist RBK 6100 and a white EDGE that I want to turn into a McDonagh (with 85th anniversary patch). Thanks for any help.

I recently used EPS to customize an EDGE 1.0 (white)....I made it a Girardi. They did a fine job.

You can reach Joshua at jkliebe@exclusivepro.com

Only the EDGE jerseys get the smaller names with nameplates and the smaller arm numbers. Anything pre-EDGE will have ~4" tall letters and ~4.5" arm numbers.

nyr_sleeve_numbers.jpg

Here's a gamer 6100 on the left and an Edge gamer on the right.

As Mike said they got smaller in the name and the sleeve numbers with the Edge change. Also with EPS or anyone else, always be as specific as possible. List when you expect a nameplate or not and always list the material the the nameplate should be.

The only one that's a tough call is the arch of the names. I've seen it vary quite a bit on gamers over the years.

Only the EDGE jerseys get the smaller names with nameplates and the smaller arm numbers. Anything pre-EDGE will have ~4" tall letters and ~4.5" arm numbers.

Here's a gamer 6100 on the left and an Edge gamer on the right.

As Mike said they got smaller in the name and the sleeve numbers with the Edge change. Also with EPS or anyone else, always be as specific as possible. List when you expect a nameplate or not and always list the material the the nameplate should be.

The only one that's a tough call is the arch of the names. I've seen it vary quite a bit on gamers over the years.

Well, I never realized that they changed the customization for the EDGE jerseys. I guess besides the airknit nameplates, they're not as off as I thought. Although, the Lundqvist is definitely off, the letters on that are only a little over 3", not 4". As far as the EDGE jerseys, how big should the name be? I measured the letters on my jerseys, and they're about 3.5", maybe a bit taller.

Yes sir they do. I found that little tidbit out earlier in the year when I handled some of the game jerseys from this season.

Yes sir they do. I found that little tidbit out earlier in the year when I handled some of the game jerseys from this season.

See this I didn't even know. I've got a gamer from this year and didn't even notice, good catch.

I have another question, by any chance does anyone have any pictures or links to pictures that I can use of a properly customized blue 6100 Lundqvist jersey? I'm trying to find some pictures to include with the jerseys when I send them to EPS, but I can't find any good pictures of a 6100, only EDGE's. Also, if anyone has pictures of the customization of a white EDGE McDonagh.

Follow up on the nameplate issue for 2011-12, I have 3 gamers from this season. A white Stralman from early December with an Edge nameplate, a blue Anisimov from February with an airknit nameplate, and a heritage Dubinsky from some time this season with an airknit nameplate.

So the theory that Arena Wear just ran out of Edge material could be correct.

I've got a couple of the round 4 playoffs game issue Rangers jerseys coming in and I'll see what material they used.

I think the first set of Rangers jerseys were EDGE plates. The Winter Classic ones too. I forgot that I had taken pictures of their Premiere jerseys and even later than that up until the Winter Classic sets. They're most definitely EDGE.

EDGE nameplate as in EDGE xtrafil or EDGE airknit?

With respect to the older Rangers Edge nameplates, I don't believe they are referring to either xtrafil or airknit, but rather the same mesh material found on the back panel of the jerseys.

There's no such thing as EDGE air-knit. Air-knit is air-knit. The EDGE crap is called x-trafil but the nameplates are technically called micro-mesh or something like that.

Just so we're clear on this, I've always referred to x-trafil as the water-resistant material on the front, shoulders and (parts of the) sleeves on Edge 1.0 jerseys. The spandex-containing material on the backs of all Edges (1.0 and 2.0) is not water-resistant and I've just called it Edge mesh, since I'm not sure if it's supposed to be called bubble-mesh or stretch mesh like it says on the materials tags. This is the stuff that most (but not all) Edge nameplates seem to be made of. Does anyone feel differently about this?

Just so we're clear on this, I've always referred to x-trafil as the water-resistant material on the front, shoulders and (parts of the) sleeves on Edge 1.0 jerseys. The spandex-containing material on the backs of all Edges (1.0 and 2.0) is not water-resistant and I've just called it Edge mesh, since I'm not sure if it's supposed to be called bubble-mesh or stretch mesh like it says on the materials tags. This is the stuff that most (but not all) Edge nameplates seem to be made of. Does anyone feel differently about this?

pretty clear to me. thanks for the info.

I personally like EDGE nameplate on EDGE more than air-knit on EDGE, when a particular jersey is EDGE on EDGE. It bugs me actually.

Agree, I think it would bug just about any of us here to get an air-knit plate back from the customizer when it's supposed to be Edge mesh.