Hockey Monkey ruined my DUCKS jersey!!!!!

ic0dex

So I asked everyone here where can I send my 94 Duck jersey to get customized and everyone pointed me to Hockey Monkey. I send them (4) picture of a game worn Kariya jersey and gave them specific derails on what needs to be done. Here is what they sent me back:

Doesn't the NHL use 12" numbers for the back? They put a 10" number on it!!! Also the sleeve numbers are kiss cut and the back number?

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

I don't know what to do someone please help!

Here is a Gamer to compair:

94-95%20Ana%20hm%20Kariya%20bk.JPG

now that is one ugly Arse job. call them, tell them it sucks and all that, dispute with your credit card company etc. that is putrid.

now that is one ugly Arse job. call them, tell them it sucks and all that, dispute with your credit card company etc. that is putrid.

Dude but my jersey is ruined, I finally found a brand new with tags ducks jersey brand spanken new and they F####d it all up. I'm burning inside right now.

Man that sucks. I've never used Hockey Monkey, but I had heard they did good work.

The number on the back isn't just too small, it's also the wrong font. The purple sections of the back and sleeve numbers are way too thick. The opening at the top of the nine is square when it should be more rectangular.

As Brandon said, let them know immediately you're not satisfied.

Man that sucks. I've never used Hockey Monkey, but I had heard they did good work.

The number on the back isn't just too small, it's also the wrong font. The purple sections of the back and sleeve numbers are way too thick. The opening at the top of the nine is square when it should be more rectangular.

As Brandon said, let them know immediately you're not satisfied.

He is completely right. That's unacceptable. Customer Service should take care of you man.

You guys I'm sorry I don't mean to be whining and cry but this hurts. I sent them everything I had I even spoke with them to confirm everything. She told me that they will make it look exactly like they had it in the NHL. I'm so hurt right now.

Should the nameplate be airknit? I'd assume it'd be ultrafil, right?

They used Air knit and the font coolers are off too. Selanne 8 Is you Selanne kiss cut or Layered?

Dude no need to apologize, that pang in your gut is real and I know a lot of us have felt it before. You find an awesome vintage jersey, intrust it to a reputable company only to get back garbage. If you haven't experienced in this hobby, you're lucky, but we all fear it.

The good news is it can be fixed. Just really sucks right now and we all feel your pain.

I wouldnt really say its ruined, it can surely be stripped and fixed pretty easily. Its one hell of a pain in the Arse but it can be fixed. Its pretty brutal though.

I'll call EPS tomorrow and see what they say I hope they can fix this. I also emailed Monkey Sports and here is why I sent them:

Hello Stella,

I'm very sorry to say but I'm very disappointed with my jersey. The back number size is incorrect, the NHL used 12" inch numbers. Also they made the numbers Kiss cut when they where supposed to be layered and the numbers font/style is incorrect and it does not come close to what I asked for and to what was shown in the pictures that I sent you. I asked you guys if you can customize my jersey to what it looked like in 1994 and you said yes and I told you that this is an authentic jersey that is very hard to come by. A clown would not wear this jersey, I want this fixed and if you guys can't I want my jersey replaced. This is unfair, if you guys couldn't handle doing this you should have told me from the beginning. What the customization department did is unacceptable.

Kiss-cut wasn't really around/popular during that jersey's era. Neither was HockeyMonkey. I think they only started doing Ducks jerseys after they switched to EDGE.

I'll call EPS tomorrow and see what they say I hope they can fix this. I also emailed Monkey Sports and here is why I sent them:

Hello Stella,

I'm very sorry to say but I'm very disappointed with my jersey. The back number size is incorrect, the NHL used 12" inch numbers. Also they made the numbers Kiss cut when they where supposed to be layered and the numbers font/style is incorrect and it does not come close to what I asked for and to what was shown in the pictures that I sent you. I asked you guys if you can customize my jersey to what it looked like in 1994 and you said yes and I told you that this is an authentic jersey that is very hard to come by. A clown would not wear this jersey, I want this fixed and if you guys can't I want my jersey replaced. This is unfair, if you guys couldn't handle doing this you should have told me from the beginning. What the customization department did is unacceptable.

Did you send them a spec sheet with specific instructions as to what to use or did you just take their word for it that they know what they were doing?

Make sure EPS has the proper CCM Ultrafil before you send it in. I had some kits made up and they used Ultrafil, but it's not exactly CCM Ultrafil and doesn't match up 100 percent. I wanted to ask for a re-do but it's entirely my fault. I said "Ultrafil" but never specified "CCM Ultrafil". So technically it's not wrong. I personally don't really like dealing with Josh so I try to find other ways to get rarity materials etc.

Did you send them a spec sheet with specific instructions as to what to use or did you just take their word for it that they know what they were doing?

Yes I included a spec sheet with my email and whit my jersey. I sent emailed them 4 huge picture of the game worn jersey and I printed huge pictures and sent them in with the jersey. They were so confident that they knew what the were doing.

Make sure EPS has the proper CCM Ultrafil before you send it in. I had some kits made up and they used Ultrafil, but it's not exactly CCM Ultrafil and doesn't match up 100 percent. I wanted to ask for a re-do but it's entirely my fault. I said "Ultrafil" but never specified "CCM Ultrafil". So technically it's not wrong. I personally don't really like dealing with Josh so I try to find other ways to get rarity materials etc.

Yeah I'll call them tomorrow and make sure they have everything, I mean I don't mind if it's not CCM ultrafil but please don't use Air-Knit. Also how had is it to find White CCM Ultrafil I think gamedaysportsarchives.com should have it:

http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ANAHEIM/ANAHEIMH9.htm

Yes I included a spec sheet with my email and whit my jersey. I sent emailed them 4 huge picture of the game worn jersey and I printed huge pictures and sent them in with the jersey. They were so confident that they knew what the were doing.

That's just terrible on their part.