Need Help: Customizing a Dallas Stars RBK Alternate Jersey

avstars

I'm thinking of getting a Dallas Stars RBK Alternate Jersey. It's the white one with the Stars logo on front. The jersey was discontinued before this season. I'm going to try to get an authentic one and turn it into a Modano jersey. The main difference in this jersey is the front. The top front has a small player's number on the top right and a matching size letter "A" (or "C") on the left. See here:

Mike+Modano+Dallas+Stars+v+Anaheim+Ducks+qQFhzjNV1oYl.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the letter "A" is smaller than the regular "A" you see on today's Stars jersey or any NHL team jersey. I did find some pictures where the "A" looks slightly bigger than the number:

Mike_Modano_Wallpaper_by_Sim25_Design.jpg

More or less I think the letter should be about the same size as the number. But I do think the letter is still smaller than the letters in today's jersey. I found one customization that has a large letter and number and it just doesn't look right:

DSCN8388.jpg

So my questions are, does anyone by any chance know the exact size of these letters? And more importantly, anywhere you guys recommend me to customize this kind of jersey? The letter and number on front could make or break this jersey.

Thanks for the help. I'm getting my first jersey so I want to get everything perfect.

I just called and actually got to talk to Blake himself. Their is not much call for hockey lettering in Texas. So most of their work is for other sports and the stars. I just took what others have said here and there. I would just call and confirm.

This jersey owns, I have one with Toby Petersen's name and number.

Can't believe it got scrapped for the stupid DALLAS jersey. I hope the rumors about them dumping their crap look and switching to green at home are true.

yea they need more green and gold back, not this basketball like jersey. However I heard a new jersey is still at least another year away.

Just called Blake's this morning to inquire about my order. I gave them special instructions to ship to my work address so that I could get it with out any risk. Blake said "ups dropped it at my front door on feb. 29th". I then asked him to confirm the ship to address, which he starts reading my home address to me on the phone. My purchase order was specific on not sending it to my house for the very reason of theft. Which by now you might have guessed it, yes the package was stolen from my front door. So...after another conversation on the phone with blake, We have to see if a replacement can be found, it's a 6100 cut size 58 ccm dark stars jersey with year 2000 patch. If one cannot be located, then I guess I get to pick out of what's available.

Well, Blake did have UPS trace the whereabouts of the package, but it's highly unlikely they will locate it. If it was dropped at my front door, their is a very good chance it was stolen. So, what I was left with was picking a color (black or white) from the current Dallas jersey line up. I went with a size 58 goalie cut black Marty Turco #35. What was stolen was a joe neiuwendyk #25 CCM size 58 dark stars jersey. I think I got the shaft on both ends of this deal. Loosing a 10 year old jersey to a thief. I guess I still got a jersey out of it. At least one I could live with

I'm curious, how much did Blake's charge for the customization?

And sorry to hear about the delivery difficulties, i'm paranoid about that very same thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Who do the Stars do their official customization through?

I just got home from dropping this exact jersey off. Turning it into a Lehtonen. I used a local guy again for convenience and since it turns out I can now get a pretty great discount from a guy I know that works in the building. I was wondering about the customization too, but I just had the guy print out the Meigray images that are up for reference. I'm not sure any special instructions would be noted, anyway.

Blake's sports lettering does the stars. $58 shipped.

How do you contact them? I'm out in South Dakota, just wondering.