Edge 2.0

Beezer

Guys...I may have a jersey that will help clarify some of the things on the NHL end that are being discussed here.

I just picked up, on eBay, what seems to be a blank, game issue, 2009 Edge 2.0 Eastern Conference All-Star jersey. No neck tagging on it besides the size tag, airknit material on the chest and sleeves, no hang tags on the sleeves besides the lone paper hang tag, and the NHLPA logo on the back hem. I picked it up from a guy that said he got it in Montreal. Seems to me that he got it retail some way or another. Maybe they had extras available during the festivities or something. I'm kind of hesitant with getting back in touch with him too many times because he might realize that I basically stole it from him at the price I bought it at! If I have my story straight, he said he got it for his girlfriend, but she didn't like the color so he decided to get her a powder blue Malkin instead. Whatever! :rolleyes:

I will check the numbers on the paper sleeve tag when I get home and see what they say as far as numbering. Maybe this will help clarify things a little bit on the NHL side of this discussion. I can also take some pics in the near future for reference.

As for the AHL retail 2.0s popping up, I can't say anything about that.

Right now I'm thinking that this is an AHL/NHL thing so it's hard to get things straight. To my knowledge, and from what I've heard from several sources including some pretty big eBay Edge sellers, is that the NHL 2.0 have never been available for retail (excluding the jersey that I have.) And the only NHL Edge 2.0s I've ever seen available are the gamers on Meigray or gamers available through sellers on eBay. I have an Ian Laperriere in my collection and am looking to add another in the future. I have never seen a blank or lettered NHL 2.0 available and/or tagged for retail sale, they have all been game used and obviously have no tags on them. Victim...I know you have a few blank 2.0s that you have been able to get. Did they come with paper hang tags on the sleeves? And if so, what did they say?

That's just my take from my past experiences. I will get back to all of you about what the numbers on the tag say.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...I may have a jersey that will help clarify some of the things on the NHL end that are being discussed here.

I just picked up, on eBay, what seems to be a blank, game issue, 2009 Edge 2.0 Eastern Conference All-Star jersey. No neck tagging on it besides the size tag, airknit material on the chest and sleeves, no hang tags on the sleeves besides the lone paper hang tag, and the NHLPA logo on the back hem. I picked it up from a guy that said he got it in Montreal. Seems to me that he got it retail some way or another. Maybe they had extras available during the festivities or something. I'm kind of hesitant with getting back in touch with him too many times because he might realize that I basically stole it from him at the price I bought it at! If I have my story straight, he said he got it for his girlfriend, but she didn't like the color so he decided to get her a powder blue Malkin instead. Whatever! :rolleyes:

I will check the numbers on the paper sleeve tag when I get home and see what they say as far as numbering. Maybe this will help clarify things a little bit on the NHL side of this discussion. I can also take some pics in the near future for reference.

Can you post a link to that auction?

Can you post a link to that auction?

Here's the auction, I told you I stole it! :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170316234100

And I went home during lunch and checked the numbers on the paper sleeve tags. Sorry I don't have pictures taken yet, but this will at least get us started.

On the above jersey the number on the tag was: M7287108CNHL.

On my Sakic 2007 Western Conference All-Star Edge 1.0, that number was: MAJ108C.

Now I just need someone to translate those for me. We're sure the M2787 means 2.0 right? Because I know for a fact that's what the jersey is.

Here's the auction, I told you I stole it! :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170316234100

And I went home during lunch and checked the numbers on the paper sleeve tags. Sorry I don't have pictures taken yet, but this will at least get us started.

On the above jersey the number on the tag was: M2787108CNHL.

On my Sakic 2007 Western Conference All-Star Edge 1.0, that number was: MAJ108C.

Now I just need someone to translate those for me. We're sure the M2787 means 2.0 right? Because I know for a fact that's what the jersey is.

aw man, how did I miss that one. Great pick up, man.

We're sure the M2787 means 2.0 right? Because I know for a fact that's what the jersey is.

Jay - any chance you transposed the first two numbers? I was expecting it to be M7287

I know for a fact that the RBK Edge 1.0 jerseys are the 7187 model: http://www.hockeyattire.com/rbk7187jrymin.html

Also I know that the RBK Premier jerseys are the 7185 model: http://www.hockeyattire.com/rbk7185jrymin.html

Therefore it would make perfect sense for the Edge 2.0 jerseys to be model 7287 as Rab showed in his tags above.

Previously the NHL jerseys were 6100 model while the AHL jerseys were 6600 model and apparently Lacross jerseys were 6200. However, from looking at Rab's tags on the previous page I think its obvious they are using 7187 for both the AHL and NHL Edge 1.0 jerseys. Since the AHL Edge 2.0 jersey is 7287 and assuming Jay/Burnaby transposed those numbers, I think we can finally conclude that RBK model 7287 = Edge 2.0 for both NHL and AHL.

Jay - any chance you transposed the first two numbers? I was expecting it to be M7287

I know for a fact that the RBK Edge 1.0 jerseys are the 7187 model: http://www.hockeyattire.com/rbk7187jrymin.html

Also I know that the RBK Premier jerseys are the 7185 model: http://www.hockeyattire.com/rbk7185jrymin.html

Therefore it would make perfect sense for the Edge 2.0 jerseys to be model 7287 as Rab showed in his tags above.

Previously the NHL jerseys were 6100 model while the AHL jerseys were 6600 model and apparently Lacross jerseys were 6200. However, from looking at Rab's tags on the previous page I think its obvious they are using 7187 for both the AHL and NHL Edge 1.0 jerseys. Since the AHL Edge 2.0 jersey is 7287 and assuming Jay/Burnaby transposed those numbers, I think we can finally conclude that RBK model 7287 = Edge 2.0 for both NHL and AHL.

Matt...There's about a 100% chance that I messed up those numbers. Sorry about that. :blush: I edited the original post to try and curb any future confusion. It's M7287. Didn't mean to confuse anyone! Sorry about that!

He bought a size 56 hockey jersey for his girlfriend? :blink:

EW

And here's quote from the message he sent me after I got in touch with him about getting more of these jerseys. No luck on more of them by the way. Dang!

"I was going to put Malkin's name and number on it. She didn't like the color!!!! I got her a blue penguin Malkin jersey instead."

This jersey almost fits me and I'm 6'4" and 250 pounds. Draw any conclusion you'd like from that detail I guess. I'm leaving that one alone! :D

Here's the All-Star I've been talking about guys. Model number 7287 on the paper tag, 7187 on the hang tag on the neck, just like rabinsurance said early in this thread.

You can see, pretty easily, where the 1.0 xtrafil material and the 2.0 airknit start and stop on the jersey. The sleeves are all airknit so that's easy. On the rest of the jersey, the 1.0 xtrafil has a little shine to it, while the 2.0 airknit doesn't shine as much from the flash on my camera. You can see this especially well on the back of the jersey near the right shoulder blade area. The two shades of red is what you'll look for. The blue 1.0 panel that runs along the right side of the front of the jersey shows the contrast pretty well too, as compared to the 2.0 bottom of the front of the jersey.

If you have any questions please let me know!

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

th_IMG_1102.jpgth_IMG_1105.jpgth_IMG_1106.jpgth_IMG_1107.jpgth_IMG_1108.jpg

Personally I love the NHLPA tail logo ... a great pickup regardless of price being a blank game issue ... then you realize it was a complete steal and I think it's up for deal of the century :)

Question: Can I have it? :D

I think I'm going to hang onto this one. Thanks for asking though! :D

Personally I love the NHLPA tail logo ... a great pickup regardless of price being a blank game issue ... then you realize it was a complete steal and I think it's up for deal of the century :)

Matt...I love the logo too. Those smaller details always make a jersey that much cooler. I actually had no idea that it was a 2.0 until I pulled it out of the package. What a great surprise that was. I would have been perfectly happy with a 1.0. I'm sure you guys can imagine how I felt! ;)

• 1 month later...
So if you buy a edge jersey from a online store, it will not be the jersey the players use these days?....then there is no reason to spend all that money in the first place?......and i just ordered a pens edge, stupid of me then..... :blink:

Correct - at this point if you buy a retail Edge jersey from anywhere you're not going to get exactly what the players wear on the ice. The only a difference is the materials - the cut will be the same.

Personally I'm hoping that eventually Reebok will offer the Edge 2.0 for retail. I won't be buying an Edge jersey until then.

Correct - at this point if you buy a retail Edge jersey from anywhere you're not going to get exactly what the players wear on the ice. The only a difference is the materials - the cut will be the same.

Personally I'm hoping that eventually Reebok will offer the Edge 2.0 for retail. I won't be buying an Edge jersey until then.

i see, thanks................... is it easy to see the difference, or can it even be different from team to team?

• 1 month later...

Just a quick bump for this thread as I was thinking about it as I checked the tagging on my Sakic GI that I just posted in the "It Arrived Today" forum.

This is definitely an Edge 2.0 jersey according to the fabric, but if you look real close at the neck tag, it reads, M187.

I'm done trying to figure this situation out... :rolleyes: Hopefully this is the only exception that we ever find because I thought we had this thing under control! :D

Sakic08-09Set3GInecktaggingandC.jpg

My thought was that it was only the sleeve paper tags that listed 7287. Even the neck tag on your Edge 2.0 All-Star jersey said 7187 - it was only the sleeve paper tag that said 7287 which matched what Rab and others had seen.

Well, something I can definitely tell you is that on my Isles gamer from 2007-08; which is a 2.0, has the 7187 tag in the collar.

Both my EDGE 2.0 gamers have 7187 on the tag as well.

This can only mean Reebok is buying fake jerseys and passing them off to the teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here and new to buying jerseys. I just received my first one, a Marc Staal Edge Authentic, last week.

This 2.0 talk is confusing me. What is the difference between 1.0 and 2.0? I read only certain teams/players are using 2.0, is there any information on what the New York Rangers use?

I'm new here and new to buying jerseys. I just received my first one, a Marc Staal Edge Authentic, last week.

This 2.0 talk is confusing me. What is the difference between 1.0 and 2.0? I read only certain teams/players are using 2.0, is there any information on what the New York Rangers use?

RBK EDGE 1.0 is the first EDGE uniform presented during the 2007 All-star game and then released for every 30 teams for the 2007-08 season. It is also the only authentic jersey for sale right now.

However, during the first months of the 2007-08 season, many players complained about the fabric and the water-repellent process used for the jersey. So Reebok changed the fabric and now the NHL players are using the RBK EDGE 2.0 (unofficial name). Basically it's the EDGE cut with the pre-EDGE fabric. Those jerseys are not for sale. The only way to have an EDGE 2.0 is to buy a Game Worn jersey.

I know that during the 2007-08 season not all teams changed at the same time. I remember watching a game between the Habs and the Capitals. The Habs had 1.0 and the Caps had 2.0. But right now I think every team in the league are using 2.0.