IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Forum to close July 31st

We are sorry to announce that the SportBuffZone forum will be closing on July 31, 2021.

We had announced that we were looking for an interested party who would like to purchase the forum and take it over, however were unsuccessful in finding an appropriate candidate.

As a result, we have decided to shut down this forum on July 31st, as it is not in alignment with the business direction of the corporate sponsor, SportBuff.

We thank everyone who has ever contributed to this dynamic community over the past 14 years since its inception in 2007.

Sad to hear this news.
Thank you so much for extending it for as long as you possibly could. We’ve all made some good friends here, fueled by a common (and passionate) interest, and most of us will keep in touch via FB or maybe keep the forum feel alive on Fitz’s backup forum

See you gents around. 

Thanks for everything 

Sad news to hear, but as it’s already been said, thanks for keeping it going as long as you have! This forum is definitely the best place/source/community out there 

9 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

Sad to hear this news.
Thank you so much for extending it for as long as you possibly could. We’ve all made some good friends here, fueled by a common (and passionate) interest, and most of us will keep in touch via FB or maybe keep the forum feel alive on Fitz’s backup forum

See you gents around. 

The backup is still in place and fully operative, those interested in continuing the conversation can do so over there. I expect most everyone will just stick to Facebook, which probably accounts for how slow this site has become anyway.

This sucks. I hate the FB Groups. Too many jerks, can't express an opinion without being insulted by someone, though I'll spare that rant here. I don't have the time to manage something like it, but if people are going to stick to FB more than the backup forum, maybe someone could create a group for people here and a select few can have the authority to approve/deny membership? Just a thought.

17 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I expect most everyone will just stick to Facebook, which probably accounts for how slow this site has become anyway.

Is there a specific fb group people are a part of? I dislike that platform and try to use it as little as possible 

10 hours ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Darn, now to scour the forums for valuable tidbits of info

I believe a lot of information is already on the backup forum. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Is there a specific fb group people are a part of? I dislike that platform and try to use it as little as possible 

The best one (using the term lightly) for me is the Authentic Hockey Jersey Addicts. At least it's a group that still respects what an "authentic jersey" actually is. The thing that sucks about FB groups, albeit understandable, are that they're all restricted. IE: game worn groups are for game worn jerseys only, authentic jersey group has rules where no replicas, fakes or game worns allowed, just on-ice quality authentics. I like the forum setting like this where we can show off everything, except fakes of course. 

Edited by Van67

Go to Fitzy's, invite all to join/share/participate, lots of digital info on the horizon which I will be sharing for free with all...hopefully put an end to some of the repeated questions/quest for info, at least on yrs I've researched and covered - going to try and collaborate with best authorities and resources, create a go-to database (perhaps even an app), but all good things in due time :)

Thanks to all here who've administered/facilitated/contributed - some jerky jerks here and there, but for the most part you guys and gals are an awesome bunch :D

Yea, this is really sad to see.  The fact that I found this only 2 years after it started is hard to believe...it had such a vibrant community already built by the time I found it.  Very impressive.

I'm going to miss this forum so much.  It's literally the first source I found/joined upon starting to collect.  "End of an era" as they say.  Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way here.  Made a lot of great friends over the years....

Back to The Jersey Page we go!  Also, another avenue some of you might not mind is Hockey Jersey discord group.  There are a TON of people on there.  A vast majority of them are into newer Adi jerseys, but also quite a few of us that fit more into the crowd of this forum as well.  It's a better crowd than Reddit; a new-age kind of forum-slash-chat-app...check it out!  I use it in addition to Facebook/forums.  I know @Phil the Thrill is over there!

You can find me on Facebook on NOT Game Worn Jerseys and Authentic Jersey Addicts under "Joshua Michael"

Invite below:

https://discord.gg/QPC3GJH4

@mfitz804 @thebiggoalie @Van67 @slimcutta @mdwsta4 @Hockey Bob @redwingsdownunder @TMLFAN @akteon @HockeyMusic @Brilliant! @Hawks2797 @spudrock512 @QueenAnnesRevenge @dsl135 @PensFan77 @Pens4ever @sungod661 @Sluggermatt15 @chow_hound @JJM4@LAK74 @Phil the Thrill

Edited by PensJerseys

Just as a reminder, the “new place” is a completely free forum hosted by ProBoards. I’m the admin because there needs to be an admin. There is no fee, no advertising and I make no money from it. It’s “Fitzy’s place” only in that I have the keys to the door. 

Otherwise it’ll be “our place” for whoever shows up. 

Too bad, but hopefully we'll continue the talk over on the jersey page. See you guys over there.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, mfitz804 said:

Just as a reminder, the “new place” is a completely free forum hosted by ProBoards. I’m the admin because there needs to be an admin. There is no fee, no advertising and I make no money from it. It’s “Fitzy’s place” only in that I have the keys to the door. 

Otherwise it’ll be “our place” for whoever shows up. 

mfitz804, could you post a direct link to the ProBoard page? I will start to convert back over to that one.  I'm sure it is probably easy to find, but I think it could be helpful to those that just want to click a link and save the page to their broswer.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

mfitz804, could you post a direct link to the ProBoard page? I will start to convert back over to that one.  I'm sure it is probably easy to find, but I think it could be helpful to those that just want to click a link and save the page to their broswer.

Thanks!

I posted it earlier. Here it is again:

https://thejerseypage.freeforums.net

Thanks for posting it my man .

Sad to see this forum go. I consider you guys and girls my friends. Hope we can continue the conversation and information-sharing on another platform. 

6 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Sad to see this forum go. I consider you guys and girls my friends. Hope we can continue the conversation and information-sharing on another platform. 

Having JUST done the same thing with another forum I frequent that is very active, I can verify that the change of location can be done if the membership is willing. We moved that other site and things are same as they ever were, over 600 members made the jump.

But, its an older demographic so Facebook and other forms of social media weren't really in competition as they are here. 

Edited by mfitz804
On 7/6/2021 at 8:56 PM, PensJerseys said:

Yea, this is really sad to see.  The fact that I found this only 2 years after it started is hard to believe...it had such a vibrant community already built by the time I found it.  Very impressive.

I'm going to miss this forum so much.  It's literally the first source I found/joined upon starting to collect.  "End of an era" as they say.  Thanks to everyone who's helped me along the way here.  Made a lot of great friends over the years....

Back to The Jersey Page we go!  Also, another avenue some of you might not mind is Hockey Jersey discord group.  There are a TON of people on there.  A vast majority of them are into newer Adi jerseys, but also quite a few of us that fit more into the crowd of this forum as well.  It's a better crowd than Reddit; a new-age kind of forum-slash-chat-app...check it out!  I use it in addition to Facebook/forums.  I know @Phil the Thrill is over there!

You can find me on Facebook on NOT Game Worn Jerseys and Authentic Jersey Addicts under "Joshua Michael"

Invite below:

https://discord.gg/QPC3GJH4

@mfitz804 @thebiggoalie @Van67 @slimcutta @mdwsta4 @Hockey Bob @redwingsdownunder @TMLFAN @akteon @HockeyMusic @Brilliant! @Hawks2797 @spudrock512 @QueenAnnesRevenge @dsl135 @PensFan77 @Pens4ever @sungod661 @Sluggermatt15 @chow_hound @JJM4@LAK74 @Phil the Thrill

Is that discord server the one that is from reddit?

I joined back in November of 2012 and can't believe it has been that long.  It has been a fun 8.5 years on here with all of you and sad to see the end is coming.  Forums just seem to be a dying breed but I still prefer them to either Reddit or FB.  I hope the backup page provides some sort of relief for most of us and hopefully we can build that one up over time.  

On 7/14/2021 at 5:13 PM, Devilsguy said:

Is that discord server the one that is from reddit?

Yea, that's it.  A lot of carry-over from Reddit, but also a lot of different faces.  It's actually a really great core group!  The "Projects" channel is full of great guys constantly working on jerseys they bring in and touch up.

Wow. I’ve taken a sort of hiatus for a while from here and actually just posted something this morning and now I’ve stumbled on this news. Sad- this place and you guys are great. Fountains of knowledge, friendly and amicable. Thanks to all of you.