Trainwreck Bolts 3rd

TBLightningFan

So I recently bumped into this one, during my travels:

464f_1.JPG

45f712tq8.jpg

46881iy6.jpg

45c11dv0.jpg

It's kind of destroyed, with a combo of iron on's, removals, and stitched on miscellanea. One of the 3's on the back is stitched on, the other an iron on. Why some things were removed I dunno, but there's glue residue, which I guess I could remove, no?

Anyway, its for sale. Is it worth roughly 40 bucks? Is it salvageable? If it is, I'm calling dibs please. =) Just wanted you guys expert opinion on how much I could restore it...thanks!

Anyway, its for sale. Is it worth roughly 40 bucks? Is it salvageable? If it is, I'm calling dibs please. =) Just wanted you guys expert opinion on how much I could restore it...thanks!

I've seen that one before on ebay. If it's for sale again, it sounds like someone else bought it and decided it's too far gone to deal with, or it didn't sell the first time and it's back again, meaning the whole world passed on it.

Either way, that's a screwed up mess I'd declare beyond hope. They don't come up often, but they show up often enough that I'd pass and wait for one that will look nice when finished.

That's about the most abused, screwed up jersey I've ever seen and don't think it can be saved. At best, you'd be committed to sticking with #33 and the "A", severely limiting your options. Kiss any chance of making it a Lecavalier or any other single digit player number goodbye. You'd still have the issues of the damage on the lower back where the patches were removed. The time and money spent to make that look like anything would be better spent on paying more for a nice blank one.

That's what I'm thinking too. I really would like an old 3rd, but that one seems beyond repair.

Thanks for the input.

That's what I'm thinking too. I really would like an old 3rd, but that one seems beyond repair.

Thanks for the input.

If you really look at those photos, it appears to have been altered at least once before to get into the state it's currently in. There's evidence of an old letter to the left of the first letter in the current name on the back, as well as an outline of a nameplate to the right.

Then, check out the dark area between the back numbers in the fourth photo. There probably used to be a single digit number there at one point.

It's even worse than I first thought. At this point I'd say it's not fit to wear while washing your car, but might make a good rag to clean your wheels with.

I'll never understand what some people do to their unique jerseys. My Nords authentic came from a guy who put his #6 on it and actually played in it! I couldn't believe it. It's probably why I got it for 80 bucks though.

As for that Tampa jersey though, I've seen them on eBay fairly frequently. You may be able to find one if you look hard enough.

I'll never understand what some people do to their unique jerseys. My Nords authentic came from a guy who put his #6 on it and actually played in it! I couldn't believe it.

I feel the same way, which makes me slightly weary of doing what I want to do with the rare ones I own. My bolts 3rd will be a Jason Wiemer #24, which he wore and is legit, but I can't quite escape the feeling I should do something more classic, like Lecavalier. Same goes with my Kings 3rd and Canucks 3rd, which will be Ray Ferraro and Dave Babych respectively. (My first Kings 3rd will be Gretzky, I couldn't pass on that.) In the end, I realize they are my jersey and they are players that played on the team when they wore them, but I still have a deep down feeling there are classic names that should be on the back of those jerseys. Now dont get me started on people wearing these. Again, I realize they are theirs to do as they wish, but they are so rare. I saw a guy playing with the gold Stars 3rd jersey when I was in Oakland. Ive never even seen pictures of the jersey, let alone the real thing until some beer leaguer has it on for a pick up game. I wanted to try and buy it off his back.

That was such a shame what happened with that jersey. I don't think it's salvageable, either. It looks like the single-digit number was the paintbrush 8 and there was an alternate's A on the front. A Lecavalier jersey gone wrong, perhaps, then converted to a Gusev #33. Put an arched blue nameplate over the old nameplate. The alternate 'A' area is kind of a mess, good luck finding a replacement. That jersey is hurtin' baaaaaad.