Any signs of changes to the Adidas retail "authentics" format and MIC not being available at all?

Lightbringer

Maybe it‘s not the right thread but my question is about Adidas Indos so I‘ve chosen this one...

What‘s the difference between climalite and aeroready?

Did they just change the name or do they use different material now?

Maybe someone also knows the backround for this change....

Thank you!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No difference between them, but there is a change coming up this spring with the material they’re using for the jerseys, which is why we’re seeing all these current ones end up like store like Ross. The new ones will fall under either PrimeBlue or PrimeGreen line, which falls in line with Adidas’ commitment to making products that are more environmentally friendly.

3 hours ago, KB67 said:

which is why we’re seeing all these current ones end up like store like Ross. 

Or why so many of them are available in Germany now... 

Thanks for fast answer and all your information!

It would be better for the enviroment if Adidas would start selling MICs cause jerseys with better quality will last longer.... But that doesn‘t money for them 😡

I'm a bit confused after reading this and Reddit. Are they changing the materials for on-ice MIC jerseys as well or just Indo replicas? There seems to be a lot of MICs popping up at discount stores in the US lately. If only the teams get MICs, how are these being dumped seemingly en masse down there and why? 

1 hour ago, Van67 said:

I'm a bit confused after reading this and Reddit. Are they changing the materials for on-ice MIC jerseys as well or just Indo replicas? There seems to be a lot of MICs popping up at discount stores in the US lately. If only the teams get MICs, how are these being dumped seemingly en masse down there and why? 

I had a conversation with Jim from Sports Haven the other day and he told me that Adidas was changing the construction of the MiC's.  I guess it could be for the environmentally material but it seems like it would be subtle.  I would think it has to be the reason for the MiC dump into those stores.  Would be nice if they eventually made their way towards the East Coast.

17 minutes ago, Schlepprock32 said:

I had a conversation with Jim from Sports Haven the other day and he told me that Adidas was changing the construction of the MiC's.  I guess it could be for the environmentally material but it seems like it would be subtle.  I would think it has to be the reason for the MiC dump into those stores.  Would be nice if they eventually made their way towards the East Coast.

I have checked the local places a bunch of times and found zero jerseys, just the usual crap. 

The pic I saw that sparked my curiosity was an Oilers MIC at a TJ Maxx for $16.99. I can see Canadian discount stores not seeing any US teams' jerseys, but I would expect Canadian teams' jerseys would find their way into Winners up here instead of being sent south of the border. Either that or I'm completely wrong about how the MICs are getting into American discount stores. 

16 hours ago, Van67 said:

The pic I saw that sparked my curiosity was an Oilers MIC at a TJ Maxx for $16.99. I can see Canadian discount stores not seeing any US teams' jerseys, but I would expect Canadian teams' jerseys would find their way into Winners up here instead of being sent south of the border. Either that or I'm completely wrong about how the MICs are getting into American discount stores. 

That, and it was in the middle of absolutely nowhere in like Tennessee or something like that.  It boggles the mind. 

I'll bet they are making their way into more stores than you think.  There are people that make their living off of buying and reselling clothing.  These are the people that show up at 7am when the door opens or have friends that tip them off when the local thrift shops get their weekly shipment of junk, etc.

Edited by jsh139

Changing the material to be more environmentally friendly?  So like more degradable so as to not fill up the landfill, or, maybe just turn to dust in our closets after ten years????  Jerseys are not a problem in the world, under any definition of science.  I'm old and sick of disproportionate emotionally-driven 'actions' to save the planet, that in reality do absolutely nothing that could be quantified as anything other than zero impact, but rather makes the misinformed/manipulated people feel good that they have done something worthwhile when they haven't, and corporations prance around about some fake virtue.

Edited by LondonGardens

16 minutes ago, LondonGardens said:

Changing the material to be more environmentally friendly?  So like more degradable so as to not fill up the landfill, or, maybe just turn to dust in our closets after ten years????  Jerseys are not a problem in the world, under any definition of science.  I'm old and sick of disproportionate emotionally-driven 'actions' to save the planet, that in reality do absolutely nothing that could be quantified as anything other than zero impact, but rather makes the misinformed/manipulated people feel good that they have done something worthwhile when they haven't, and corporations prance around about some fake virtue.

It's more likely making jersey materials from recycled materials. Nike did a similar thing with their soccer jerseys in 2010 and might still be doing it. 

I'm getting up there, but still in my 30s. What I'm getting sick of is how so many people today are making a political issue out of EVERYTHING. 

I'm guessing they'll be like the Parley all-star jerseys Adidas had the other year (was that San Jose?). They've done that with a lot of their shoes, but have expanded beyond the Parley name and now they call it 'prime blue'. If it's anything like the previous material, the look and hand-feel for the end user will be imperceptible

Didn't Adidas sell the MiC Parley jerseys to the public when the SJ ASG happened a couple years back?  If so, this may be a good sign that there is a chance Adidas will do the same thing with authentics going forward.

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

Didn't Adidas sell the MiC Parley jerseys to the public when the SJ ASG happened a couple years back?  If so, this may be a good sign that there is a chance Adidas will do the same thing with authentics going forward.

I thought they did, but weren’t they slightly different than the on-ice versions? No double elbows or cheaper fight strap or something? @LAK74would know. 

3 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

They were not on-ice quality.  No double elbows and they were missing the fight strap.  Which, of course, made the MIC even more ridiculous. Everyone was freaking out that they had Made in Canada all-star jerseys and thought this made them super valuable, yet they were made worse quality than the standard Indo junk.  I really miss the days of the authentic 6100 and the semi pro 550 days.

15 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

They were not on-ice quality.  No double elbows and they were missing the fight strap.  Which, of course, made the MIC even more ridiculous. Everyone was freaking out that they had Made in Canada all-star jerseys and thought this made them super valuable, yet they were made worse quality than the standard Indo junk.  I really miss the days of the authentic 6100 and the semi pro 550 days.

Really?  I held one once in the Devils Den team store and I thought that at least the material was better.  I would take the better material and build over the double elbows and fight strap any day.

58 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Knowing the retail industry, that seems likely that they needed more stock than they originally had made in Indonesia, thus they did a one-time production run in the Canadian factory. They can make that happen in a matter of a week or two from Canada in a bind as opposed to a few months at the fastest from Asia.

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

I thought they did, but weren’t they slightly different than the on-ice versions? No double elbows or cheaper fight strap or something? @LAK74would know. 

The retail MiC All-Stars were last year (St. Louis 2020), but that was not the year they were promoted as “Parley,” which were the 2019 ones in San Jose.  And yes, the 2020 retail MiC’s had no double elbows or fight straps.  They also seemed to fit about 2 sizes smaller than the marked size.

45 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Really?  I held one once in the Devils Den team store and I thought that at least the material was better.  I would take the better material and build over the double elbows and fight strap any day.

I agree, the material was like the on-ice ones, which I like better than what they used on the Indos.  I added a fight strap to the one I had, but one thing I could do nothing about was how the fabric panels were stitched together.  The sleeves and side panels were more cheaply stitched together, like on replicas.  The ends of the fabric panels are folded into each other, leaving just a groove visible from the outside, and the stitches are only visible from the inside of the sleeve.  This is one way you can tell replicas from authentics when you only have a picture that doesn’t show any tagging.

• 10 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, jsh139 said:

There must be a significant cost differential. Why else would they farm out the labor and materials to Indonesia? It’s no different than tech companies subbing out software development to India and Russia. I see it all the time in my industry. 

When you accept that just about everything in business boils down to money and profit, the actions and motivations of companies becomes much, much clearer. 

Cheaper materials and lower labor cost is what they save on Indos. Time and procedures are basically the same. Id be happy if they at least used the same materials and templates and have retail still done in Indonesia. The they would be worth $180 blank at least. My biggest gripe of all is how they turned the retail indo into a fashion style jersey. The cut is nothing like the MICs. If anything they look hot as a short dress on a woman.