2020-21 Mandated Alternate Jersey

jsh139

45 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

rather than awkwardly jamming it up near the eagle's tail like back in the old days.

TWSS

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Leave it to Lou Lamoriello to do as next to nothing as he possibly can with an alternate jersey. Worst of the lot, and not because it's the worst-looking jersey either.

NHL: Hey, let's do futuristic jerseys with chrome crests for the Stadium Series!

Lou: Uhh, we'll just use what we have, thanks. 

Not that ours weren't better, they still were. 

The Islanders wearing a wave jersey was right there but leave it to old man Lou to suck the fun out of everything.

I like the Leafs jersey except for the logo.  Could have went with the early 00's alt logo or the heritage logo.

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Some good stuff in there and some bad. 

Devils looks like its a maternity jersey with the logo designed to go on the baby bump. Why the hell is the crest so low??

Same with the Kings' sleeve numbers. They're practically on the model's forearms.

Was really hoping for a modern barberpole from the Hawks. Current iteration looks like a cheap fan jersey you'd find at Target. Ducks, Yotes, and Avs knocked the design out of the park! Love that the Lightning brought back the victory stripes. Don't mind the Devils, Canucks, Sharks, Panthers, Bruins, Habs. Red Wings are clearly the worst of the bunch followed by Dallas and the Rangers (simplicity went a bit too far). Jets missed out on a great opportunity to bring a Thrashers jersey back and the Wild should have gone with the M crest.

Some are pretty decent, Torontos is F(&^*** abysmal. A huge swing and a miss. I'm liking a few of them. It does seem like a huge NBA style gimmick though. Hopefully the Leafs one will be worn once and thrown in the bin.

Thoughts on the rest of the league:

1. The white Wild Wing is just as stupid as the original. 

2. I like Boston’s, simplicity worked on their favor. 

3. I like that Buffalo embraced the reverse retro concept, but hate the jersey. 

4. Calgary, NYR, NYI did nothing. That isn’t a reverse retro. 

5. I don’t mind Chicago, barber pole would’ve been better. But only @Tazer19would be allowed to own them. 

6. Colorado nailed it, perfect reverse retro. Vancouver too. 

7. Habs kept it classy. 

8. A lot of them are super ugly. Whether you are a fan of the green (most fans aren’t), the Devils kept it nice and along the lines of their old retro jersey. Detroit, Ottawa, CBJ, not sure what they were doing or who was in charge. 

Some are pretty decent, Torontos is F(&^*** abysmal. A huge swing and a miss. I'm liking a few of them. It does seem like a huge NBA style gimmick though. Hopefully the Leafs one will be worn once and thrown in the bin.

Only one I really like is the Avs and it was the easiest execution but at least they didn't screw it up.  I like that they went fleur de lys on the shoulders too instead of an Avs logo, now I actually might consider getting one.

I really like the Sabres jersey too, their original colours make a great look everytime.

Canucks is alright and makes sense with the theme but the old orca gradient is nicer than this one IMO.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

God, this is such minor-league garbage. They all just look like those old off-color Starter replicas that were released back in the late 90's.

Exactly. I said the same thing. The Rangers new take on the liberty looks more like a cheap Wolfpack jersey. 
I just wonder if these garbage jerseys make the old 90’s Starter styles go up in value.  

I am actually pretty surprised about how well it turned out.  I was expecting to hate 75% of them, but I would say I love or like 2/3 of them.  There are some pretty big misses (Det, NYI and Pittsburgh come to mind for me) but by and large most got it right or mostly right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, TMLFAN said:

The Islanders wearing a wave jersey was right there but leave it to old man Lou to suck the fun out of everything.

I like the Leafs jersey except for the logo.  Could have went with the early 00's alt logo or the heritage logo.

The white wave is probably in the top 3 of my favorite jersey all-time -- I think the Isles should have gone with their 2000s orange alternates and changed the navy to royal blue (or switchthe navy/royal with orange). 

• 3 weeks later...

We talkin’ these reverse retros? I personally don’t like any of them and think they’re all super tacky. Well, the Dallas one is kind of clean. I feel like they’re just messing with classics and it’s all just change for the sake of change. Huge money grabs after a season with lots lost. 

8 minutes ago, TheMadHat said:

We talkin’ these reverse retros? I personally don’t like any of them and think they’re all super tacky. Well, the Dallas one is kind of clean. I feel like they’re just messing with classics and it’s all just change for the sake of change. Huge money grabs after a season with lots lost. 

I love the Devils’ green one and I will certainly be looking for one down the line. 

Apparently the Reverse Retro jerseys were planned well in advance of the season pause. Money grab, of course. But not a response to the money lost. 

Funny, I think the Stars is one of the lowest on the list, especially when you look at the full uni. Right next to Detroit.

Devils I like the concept, but don't understand why the crest is placed on the stomach instead of the chest. If they simply moved it up it would look so much better.

Avs and Yotes definitely did it right and I'd be open to buying gamers of either of those. I'm not a fan of the Blackhawks (was hoping for a reverse barber pole), but depending on pricing, I might buy a gamer. Either way, total cash grab and while a few designs stand out, most are pretty bad (red Blues? bland sweatshirt Rangers?). The fact that they're only available as retail 'authentic' right now means they get no interest from me

10 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

The fact that they're only available as retail 'authentic' right now means they get no interest from me

That's the issue with these Adidas jersey.  I have no interest in the retail authentic.

The Caps one exceeded my (very low) expectations.  I'm all in on the Yotes if it ever becomes available in MIC.

I know it's (original 6) sacrilege, but the Habs in blue is beautiful.

I'm in that parade too. I actually really like the Canucks reverse retro...but I will not buy anything but on-ice quality...and with how much the Canucks start their game worn auctions at these days... nope. Not happening.

18 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

Funny, I think the Stars is one of the lowest on the list, especially when you look at the full uni. Right next to Detroit.

Devils I like the concept, but don't understand why the crest is placed on the stomach instead of the chest. If they simply moved it up it would look so much better.

Avs and Yotes definitely did it right and I'd be open to buying gamers of either of those. I'm not a fan of the Blackhawks (was hoping for a reverse barber pole), but depending on pricing, I might buy a gamer. Either way, total cash grab and while a few designs stand out, most are pretty bad (red Blues? bland sweatshirt Rangers?). The fact that they're only available as retail 'authentic' right now means they get no interest from me

Regarding the Devils RR, the ones people have received from stores the crest appears to be better placed.  Also, the Devils posted a picture of the MiC ones they will be wearing on the ice and the crest looks to be in the normal position.

I just think the one the model got at the announcement was a lemon.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Regarding the Devils RR, the ones people have received from stores the crest appears to be better placed.  Also, the Devils posted a picture of the MiC ones they will be wearing on the ice and the crest looks to be in the normal position.

I just think the one the model got at the announcement was a lemon.

Well, that’s good news. 

• 4 weeks later...