The NHL/Adidas proudly presents the 2020 Allstar Game jerseys - do you like them?

Lightbringer

2020 All-star jerseys - approval rate!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the 2020 All-star jerseys?

• Great
    • OK
    • Bad
    • Hideous

17 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

How come I have a feeling these all-star jerseys are going to screw with what people think MiC mean.  These all-star jerseys that are made in Canada are obviously not what they wear on the ice.  My guess is they were pinched with time and had to throw some together at their Canada plant to meet demand.  They didn't bother to put fight straps in and no double elbows.  It is basically a replica jersey, but since it says "Made in Canada" everyone is freaking out, like they are better than the Indo's.  These are NOT on ice authentic jerseys!!!  It's like when people call 90's replica jerseys MiC jerseys because they were manufactured in Canada...they are still replica jerseys!

Edit: I will eat crow if I am wrong on this...I just doubt.

Definitely agree with the point you’re making. That said, I’d rather buy one of these than a garbage Indo if that was all that’s available at retail 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

How come I have a feeling these all-star jerseys are going to screw with what people think MiC mean.  These all-star jerseys that are made in Canada are obviously not what they wear on the ice.  My guess is they were pinched with time and had to throw some together at their Canada plant to meet demand.  They didn't bother to put fight straps in and no double elbows.  It is basically a replica jersey, but since it says "Made in Canada" everyone is freaking out, like they are better than the Indo's.  These are NOT on ice authentic jerseys!!!  It's like when people call 90's replica jerseys MiC jerseys because they were manufactured in Canada...they are still replica jerseys!

Agreed, but the materials are the same as the on-ice version, so at this point, for me anyway, the option of getting one of these has me at least getting an adidas jersey, whereas I wouldn’t be buying an Indo at all, so you’d think if they at least offered these, the same as they do with the Indo, they’d be getting that middle of the road, where people that wouldn’t be buying their Indo crap are at least buying their jerseys now. 

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

So true. One of my favourite posts is when I see someone post a replica Koho or CCM as a MIC. 

“Grail Dail Mail Day. My first MIC”

They are just conveniently manufactured in Canada. 

Well, I watched the game, and the jerseys they wore definitely had the fight strap, and it looked like double elbows too. So the MIC may have been made in Canada, they are definitely not on ice quality.

18 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Well, I watched the game, and the jerseys they wore definitely had the fight strap, and it looked like double elbows too. So the MIC may have been made in Canada, they are definitely not on ice quality.

What was the price of the MIC’s at the NHL store? That was probably a clue also. 

I guess people were just hoping a mistake was made and they accidentally got MIC on ice jerseys. 

7 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Ya they are not on ice spec, but the material was the MIC quality 

34 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

That's a terrible and inaccurate job by them

In which way? The on-ice were kiss cut, but other than that?

Edited by KB67

1 hour ago, KB67 said:

In which way? The on-ice were kiss cut, but other than that?

It looked pretty decent to me too; the “P” and perhaps the “S” were slightly off, but nothing major.  I’m also wondering what I’m missing.  🙂

I don’t understand the lack of these jerseys out there. Even NHL.com didn’t have all the teams in all the colors, and some had only “authentics” and some had only replicas. 

What kind of business plan is that??

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t understand the lack of these jerseys out there. Even NHL.com didn’t have all the teams in all the colors, and some had only “authentics” and some had only replicas. 

What kind of business plan is that??

As time passes, the more it seems to me that Adidas only bothered making significant quantities of both colors for Canadian teams only.  For US teams, you were lucky to see just a gray jersey for your team, and many sold out pretty quickly.  Very few US teams had both colors available, the Devils being one of them.  The only time I’ve even seen a white jersey available for other US teams is if the team store or a local dealer happened to preorder them from Adidas.  If no dealer orders them for your team, then apparently you’re SOL.  I haven’t seen either color available anywhere for a team like Carolina, for example.

Part of the problem, I imagine, is that there are 62 different designs possible.  I figure Adidas didn’t want to risk getting stuck with a ton of unsold jerseys after the event, and so perhaps they did not bother to make significant quantities of most designs in a particular color (especially the white ones) unless they received an order from a team store or dealer in advance.  

I have not seen a single white Kings one yet, (not even from TeamLA Store, which usually carries stuff like this but is still trying to get rid of last year’s ASG jerseys) so I’m actually in the process of “making” my own.  I ordered a white blank of a Canadian team, and will strip off the crest and apply a Kings crest from last year’s white ASG which I got for cheap on eBay.  I can’t believe I actually have to do this.  

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I have not seen a single white Kings one yet, (not even from TeamLA Store, which usually carries stuff like this but is still trying to get rid of last year’s ASG jerseys) so I’m actually in the process of “making” my own.  I ordered a white blank of a Canadian team, and will strip off the crest and apply a Kings crest from last year’s white ASG which I got for cheap on eBay.  I can’t believe I actually have to do this.  

funny, I’ve thought about doing this a few times for the Hawks. Only thing that stops me is all the special jerseys feature the same crappy crest as premiers; not chain stitched. Just looks ‘cheap’ so I haven’t bothered yet 

10 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

The game jerseys weren't kiss cut, just standard double layer.

From this picture, it looks like they were kiss-cut, don’t they?

MiC ASG Jersey

On 2/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, LAK74 said:

As time passes, the more it seems to me that Adidas only bothered making significant quantities of both colors for Canadian teams only.  For US teams, you were lucky to see just a gray jersey for your team, and many sold out pretty quickly.  Very few US teams had both colors available, the Devils being one of them.  The only time I’ve even seen a white jersey available for other US teams is if the team store or a local dealer happened to preorder them from Adidas.  If no dealer orders them for your team, then apparently you’re SOL.  I haven’t seen either color available anywhere for a team like Carolina, for example.

Part of the problem, I imagine, is that there are 62 different designs possible.  I figure Adidas didn’t want to risk getting stuck with a ton of unsold jerseys after the event, and so perhaps they did not bother to make significant quantities of most designs in a particular color (especially the white ones) unless they received an order from a team store or dealer in advance.  

Adidas only makes what is ordered. If Adidas Canada accounts ordered both colorways, then that's what they get. So it's not that they didn't bother, but they fulfilled the orders they received. The orders come in from team shops, online and retail and that's what they make. If no one orders a White Kings jerseys, then none are made. It stinks if someone can't find their team in the color they want, but from a business stance, you can't make a ton of extra jerseys and have them sitting around losing money.

3 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

It does, which goes against what I was told and was spec'd. So perhaps EPS changed it.

Is that a jersey worn in the game or one of the media days jerseys?

Media day I believe. 

4 minutes ago, HannuVirta said:

It does, which goes against what I was told and was spec'd. So perhaps EPS changed it.

So EPS actually manufactured the lettering for the game jerseys this year?  In recent years, I had the impression they were using perforated numbers obtained elsewhere (i.e. not made by EPS) and just stitching them onto the jerseys.