Bryzgalov put on waivers

lafountain

I guess Freddie got sick of being benched every other night. It's about time they saw some production out of him.

Freddie's got so much potential its crazy. I'm glad to see he's finally putting it all together.

As for Bryzgalov, I thought this was funny. An interview he did in Edmonton last season about Pronger's return.

• 1 month later...

Well I guess those of you who were waiting to get a Bryzgalov Coyotes jersey can now get one with less fear about him going anywhere.

Bryzgalov signs new extension

Reports are that he will earn $4 million in year 1, $4.25 in year 2, $4.5 in year 3.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=227924&hubname=

Ironically, I was to bring my Coyotes authentic home jersey in to get the Bryz treatment this weekend. As we left the game tonight, we saw a guy wearing one and my wife said, "that looks like a good one to get now". Heheh, little does she know... B)

He let in some bad ones tonight, but won. Without him, they'd be looking UP at the Kings. He said he likes it in Phoenix (yeah, just wait until summer) and playing 10 years here isn't out of the question. Ilya likes to hear himself talk, however.

Don Maloney is making good moves. Plucking Bryz off waivers was a no-brainer, signing him for three shows me he is serious about building a winner. Dealing Kevyn Adams for Radim Vrbata was sheer genius. Locking him up for a few seasons would be wise, he's a UFA this summer. Maloney said that they will not trade young talent for veteran 'help'. I would like to see Ballard signed long-term, he's a RFA on 7/1/09. Mueller and Hanzal will on 7/1/10. Always work to do... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Was looking at the numbers and started thinking. I believe Bryzgalov deserves consideration for the Hart Trophy.

Phoenix gave up 56 goals in the 17 games they played without Bryzgalov on their team an average of 3.29 goals per game.

Bryzgalov was acquired by the Coyotes on 17 November and since that day the team has given up 115 goals in 46 games an average of 2.5 per game.

After his arrival the team is giving up .79 less goals per game. The majority of this has to be attributed to Bryzgalov.

While he isn't likely to garner much attention for the Hart Trophy, I do feel he deserves some pretty good consideration.

The Hart Memorial Trophy, of course, is given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. By letter of the law, Bryzgalov should be a finalist. I don't think of him as league MVP, which is what the award gets construed as.

The Hart Memorial Trophy, of course, is given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. By letter of the law, Bryzgalov should be a finalist. I don't think of him as league MVP, which is what the award gets construed as.

I could get behind this. Just by adding Bryzgalov, the Coyotes saved their season and are where they are at now. I am fully behind Gretz getting consideratin for the Adams too. This has been a nice hockey season out here in the desert compared to what we were expecting. Good things from two of the Valley's younger teams with the Coyotes and the Diamondbacks doing so well.