Players you love or loved to hate

Finny

Ive always loved the players who were great under their opponents skin so my favs are gonna be on some of the "most hated" lists, and rightfully so, but I guess when the guy plays for your favorite teams you tend to look at him through rose colored glasses.

Here are my favorites...

#1- Scott Stevens - loved watching him play. You can argue that he was a "head hunter", but when he was on the ice he changed the game simply by intimidation.

#2- Sean Avery - Always willing to stir things up when the Kings (and now the Rangers) werent playing well. One of the best agitators in the game today, and can get the best players off their game due to his yapp'n.

#3- Daniel Carcillo - He's a younger Avery type of player, that was leading the league in PIM before getting injured last week. A rookie (although he played in about 15 games last year) that seems to have a nice upside for the Yotes.

And the guys I hate...

#1- Darcy Tucker - I have nothing nice to say

#2- Derien Hatcher - I still havent forgiven him for breaking Roenick's jaw prior to the playoffs back in the late 90's

#3- Bernier - He is the one Shark that I wish would drown :fight:

#4- Mike Comrie - Arrogant & overrated. I hated that he ever wore a Coyote jersey

#5- Brad May - Another ex-Coyote, but this one likes punching cops when he's drunk, Im glad he's outta Phx!

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe this thread is over 2 years old and I never replied in it! I feel shame.

• Patrick Roy. Yeah, I recognize the skills and stats, etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. Still hate the guy. And his white-trash street punk wannabe kid ain't much better either. And since this can be an irrational topic, I hate them for irrational reasons :)
  • Darcy Tucker. 'nough said.
  • Sean Avery. Even when he was with the Wings, I thought he was a punk. There's "agitating" and then there's just "being a d***" and more nights than most, Avery was the latter, costing the team in stupid penalties. I lost track of him after the Kings and Rangers, but I caught clips of the Dallas/Boston game, and he and Steve Ott are still right up there making gutless plays. One hockey writer's comparison of this year's Stars to the Charlestown Chiefs was pretty succinct, with Modano playing the role of Ned Braden.... except the Chiefs were funny.
  • Claude Lemieux. Again, 'nough said.

And I suppose I'd also hate Kirk Maltby and Chris Chelios if they were on any other team :)

Now, maybe not "hate", but definitely in my doghouse:

• Zdeno Chara. Um, hi there, Mr. Brick Wall #1 Defenseman. Can you actually do something please?
  • Andreas Lilja/Brett Lebda. The #3 defense pairing for the Wings is a sudden drop-off after the first and second pairs.

• 4 months later...

A couple of guys who have caught my attention since I got to see them play live this year has been Steve Ott and Brian Sutherby. Ott was all over the Devils in the game I saw this year and he's been scoring rather well lately. I used to dislike Sutherby, until I saw him play as well. I don't know what happened to him from last year to this year, but I was quite pleased with his play and was happy that the Stars have resigned him to a two year deal.

Ryan Getzlaf has been getting on my nerves lately. I heard that he was responsible for Mueller's concussion this season and then saw him take some cheap shots at a Stars player in a game I was watching recently. Come to think of it, the Ducks have a few guys on their team, including Pronger and Perry whom irritate me. All three solid players, but geez, I've seen them give some head shots and I don't care to see that.

• 1 month later...

Now that I've watched the season, I hereby rescind Chara's banishment to the doghouse that I posted in November. He has stepped it up and done well for the Bruins.

And I can now also add Mike Komisarek to the list. Glass-jawed, hits from behind....

Although they won't say it, there's a chance that Lilja might be done. I get nervous seeing Brett Lebda on the ice. I'd much rather see Chelios paired up with Jonathan Ericsson as the third pair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One guy I love (that is not on my favorite team(s)) is Sami Pahlsson. I spent a few years in SoCal and got to watch him. Hard work all the time, obviously great defensively and on faceoffs, and has better offensive tools than you would think.

Edited by LetsGoCaps

Anders Eriksson

I really want to know what goes on in his head during his decision making process...

The difference between a Offensive defencment and a offensive minded defencemen is the offensive defencemen score, the offensive minded defencement is a defensive liability...

Ander Eriksson would be classified as a offensive minded dman

I HATE him with a passion

• 3 months later...

my love of hockey started when i was 5 years old and I watched the Flyers play in the Stanley Cup playoffs against the Red Wings. since then, it's been my favorite sport. my family

favorites: Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Danny Briere, Chris Pronger, Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Henrik Zetterberg, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jeremy Roenick, Simon Gagne, Rod Brind'Amour, Wayne Gretzky, Ron Hextall, Paul Kariya, and Teemu Selanne.

love to hate: Sidney Crosby (whiney b****), Evgeni Malkin (dirty), Max Talbot (jerkoff), Matt Cooke (cheapshot-artist), Chris Chelios, Scott Stevens, Martin Brodeur, Matthew Barnaby, Tie Domi, Vinny Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis, Patrick Kane, Sean Avery, Eric Lindros, Darius Kasparaitis, and Dany Heatley.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hate:

Tucker, McCabe, Owen Nolan, Jarkko Ruutu, Chris Pronger, Alfredsson, Perezhogin (obvious reasons), Volchenkov, Yzerman (is a jerk to meet, hated him).

Love:

Kasparaitis, Lalime (because he was garbage for the Sens), Krzysztof Oliwa, Sasha Lakovic, Selanne, Parise, Weber, Bure.

Hate:

Yzerman (is a jerk to meet, hated him).

I heard the very same thing about him!

I got a friend with a cottage near his and he runs into him all the time but Yzerman puts his nose in the air.

The same friend of mine met Patrick Roy on a golf course and he was SO NICE to him. He signed his golf hat and thanked my friend for not making a big deal out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Man, I can't believe all the hate for Stevens! That guy and Chelios were my idols growing up playing.

Even when Chris went to the Red Wings? :fight:

• 2 months later...

Players I love: Hossa, Toews, Roenick, Crosby, Keith, Green, Larmer, Versteeg, Carter, Price

Players I hate: Avery, Downie, Olli Jokinen, Phaneuf, Holmstrom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Love: Yzerman, Probert, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Mario Lemieux, Brett Hull and for some odd reason Ed Belfour was my favorite goalie growing up. Also Aaron Ward, who would play street hockey with us when I was a kid and bring us UofM hockey posters/pucks/etc.

Hate: Claude Lemieux, Patrick Roy, Chris Pronger, Uwe Krupp (what a waste of $) and Cindy Crysby (constantly whines to the refs and Bettman tries to shove him down our throats even though Ovechkin and Datsyuk are much more fun to watch).

Wow this is easy for a hate list,

Tie Domi, Darcy Tucker, Wendel Clark, Eric Lindros, Mats Sundin (Leafs not Nords, lol) Shayne Corson, Doug Gilmour, Chris Nilan, Patrick Roy (when he was a Hab), Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby and yes Sidney Crosby (well only moment I didn't hate him is when he scored for gold!) but ###### him besides that!

Love, well of course will start with Michel Goulet, Dale Hunter, Peter Stastny, Tony Twist, Adam Foote, Darin Kimble

Non fav team players I respect them as players would be Ray Bourque, Mike Bossy, Niklas Lidstrom, Bryan Trottier, Denis Potvin, Guy Lafleur, Bob Probert.

Also gotta give props to the legendary Harold Snepts and Ron Duguay!!!! Dont ask me why, lol, just always laughed and loved when I heard their names growing up, mostly Snepts!

And any other goon from the 80s or 70s like O'Reilly, Semenko, Schultz!!!