Meigray Expo 2019

Devilsguy

I gave you the exact same answer in private as I did in public. You have more posts on this today than you had in the last 3 months. 

The amount that you post doesn’t affect the validity of your content. He does however make sense that people talk to the people that they talk to all the time more than they talk to people who randomly appear at odd times. That’s just common sense. 

I guess you don’t remember the time that you got upset that I didn’t view you as a Devils jersey expert, despite the fact that you had posted on this website like twice, I have no idea who you are or what your expertise might be. Did you forget that one? 

You’re also continuing to ignore the fact that I wouldn’t discuss anything with you in public, but you don’t post. It’s very rare. I suppose when we had that conversation what, four months ago, you waited until today to see if I was going to post a response to your expo review? 

You’re also still ignoring the fact that I specifically asked you to participate more. Why the hell would I do that and then “ignore” your posts? That does not make any sense.

It’s funny, you obviously have a lot to say about me today, you decided it would be a great idea to discredit me today for whatever reason.  I’m not sure you managed to do that, but I hope you got what you needed out of it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

So I really hate to interrupt this precious Devils fan debate but... who is joining me in Winnipeg in early October?

I’m not...but I also don’t know anything about the event you’re talking about. What’s the deal?

39 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

So I really hate to interrupt this precious Devils fan debate but... who is joining me in Winnipeg in early October?

I won't be there in October, but I'm hoping to sway my Flyers buddies to have our annual hockey road trip in Minneapolis / Winnipeg this December.

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I gave you the exact same answer in private as I did in public. You have more posts on this today than you had in the last 3 months. 

The amount that you post doesn’t affect the validity of your content. He does however make sense that people talk to the people that they talk to all the time more than they talk to people who randomly appear at odd times. That’s just common sense. 

I guess you don’t remember the time that you got upset that I didn’t view you as a Devils jersey expert, despite the fact that you had posted on this website like twice, I have no idea who you are or what your expertise might be. Did you forget that one? 

You’re also continuing to ignore the fact that I wouldn’t discuss anything with you in public, but you don’t post. It’s very rare. I suppose when we had that conversation what, four months ago, you waited until today to see if I was going to post a response to your expo review? 

You’re also still ignoring the fact that I specifically asked you to participate more. Why the hell would I do that and then “ignore” your posts? That does not make any sense.

It’s funny, you obviously have a lot to say about me today, you decided it would be a great idea to discredit me today for whatever reason.  I’m not sure you managed to do that, but I hope you got what you needed out of it.

Yes, you told me to post more. It's my choice to do so. Again, it's crazy that you take someone's post count that seriously that whatever they post depends exclusively on that very thing. 

Here's what i asked you months ago because i was curious about it.

OneJerseyMemorabilia  0

Replied: December 31, 2018). FWIW, level up with me because at this point why not and i am genuinely curious.  I've post some great Devils jerseys on this board when i decide to share them. I've posted our Expo table. Do you, as a Devils fan, not seem to enjoy me sharing our collection? I'm not looking for your ok or approval here. I am just curious how one collector can post and how another one does and the slant between the two that is shown in black and white.

mfitz804  0

Replied: December 31, 2018

I have enjoyed your posts and haven’t personally noticed any difference in how I respond.

I asked you a straight up question and you bulls*** it. That was a total bulls*** answer and you know it. 

And yes, i am not looking for your ok or approval. I am just looking to be treated fairly when i do post here no matter how many times i choose to and no matter who i do or don't get along with. 

Edited by OneJerseyMemorabilia

35 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

Yes, you told me to post more, and it's my choice to do so. Again, it's crazy that you take someone's post count that seriously that whatever they post depends exclusively on that very thing. 

But here's the root of the problem

Here's what i asked you because it was getting obvious as day even then and i was curious about it. 

OneJerseyMemorabilia  0

Replied: December 31, 2018). FWIW, level up with me because at this point why not and i am genuinely curious.  I've post some great Devils jerseys on this board when i decide to share them. I've posted our Expo table. Do you, as a Devils fan, not seem to enjoy me sharing our collection? I'm not looking for your ok or approval here. I am just curious how one collector can post and how another one does and the slant between the two that is shown in black and white.

mfitz804  0

Replied: December 31, 2018

I have enjoyed your posts and haven’t personally noticed any difference in how I respond.

I asked you a straight question and you bulls*** it. That was a total bulls*** answer and you know it. 

And yes, i am not looking for your ok or approval. I am just looking to be treated fairly when i do post here no matter how many times i choose to and no matter who i do or don't get along with.

I don’t ever look at anyone’s post count. I just know who I talk to and who talks to me. I’m not going to continue to try to explain to you how a conversation works and why it works better with someone you talk to all the time. I think that’s just common sense, which you obviously lack on several levels. 

All the above quotes show is private conversations with you aren’t private, which is a b!tch move. But that’s fine, I stand by what I said. It also shows you totally are seeking my approval, for whatever reason, seeing as you’ve been denigrating both my collection and me as a person all day long. Even 6 months ago you were looking for it.  

And I wouldn’t worry about getting treated “fairly”, I’ll be dealing with your future posts with complete fairness in light of the public bashing you’ve elected to give me. What’s fair is fair. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t ever look at anyone’s post count. I just know who I talk to and who talks to me. I’m not going to continue to try to explain to you how a conversation works and why it works better with someone you talk to all the time. I think that’s just common sense, which you obviously lack on several levels. 

All the above quotes show is private conversations with you aren’t private, which is a b!tch move. But that’s fine, I stand by what I said. It also shows you totally are seeking my approval, for whatever reason, seeing as you’ve been denigrating both my collection and me as a person all day long. Even 6 months ago you were looking for it.  

And I wouldn’t worry about getting treated “fairly”, I’ll be dealing with your future posts with complete fairness in light of the public bashing you’ve elected to give me. What’s fair is fair. 

You are judging me as a fringe poster because i don't post enough to your acceptance and liking to interact with on a message boards but you say in the same respect that you don't look at post count. You're so lost in your bulls***, you don't even know what's up. 

Keep telling yourself that. I had enough of your slant and i finally spoke up about it. No amount of finger pointing or trying to drag another member into it will change that.

Oh, that makes two of us. That we'll agree on. 

Just now, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

You are judging me as a fringe poster because i don't post enough yet you say you don't look at post count. You're so lost in your bulls***, you don't even know what's up. 

Keep telling yourself that, funny guy. I had enough of your slant and i spoke up. No amount of finger pointing back will change that.

Oh, that makes two of us. That we'll agree on.

I’m not judging you based on your fringe poster status, I’m pointing out that we don’t converse because you’re a fringe poster and you’re rarely a contributor. That’s not a judgment, again, it’s just common sense. 

I’m glad you think I’m funny, but trust me, I’m not the one getting laughed at today. And i’ll Leave to the board’s imagination exactly which finger I’m pointing. 

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not judging you based on your fringe poster status, I’m pointing out that we don’t converse because you’re a fringe poster and you’re rarely a contributor. That’s not a judgment, again, it’s just common sense. 

I’m glad you think I’m funny, but trust me, I’m not the one getting laughed at today. And i’ll Leave to the board’s imagination exactly which finger I’m pointing. 

LOL right. Again, i don't post enough to your "acceptance" on a message board but you say in the same respect that you don't look at post count.  It's all relative anyway you spin it.

So if i am not worth conversing with in a public forum because i do not contribute enough and i am fringe poster, why have 2 and 3 page private conversations about the hobby and hockey with me? You know the ones where i offered to help, buy things off you, share jersey info and actually complement a jersey! 

I know i've got a certain finger pointing at you. I'll let you guess which one it is.

You’re completely ignorant and I’m starting to question your reading level. 

You PMed me because you were upset that I didn’t pay you enough attention. Then we had what I thought was a pretty good conversation which included me telling you that I enjoy your posts and that you should post more, and I thought that issue was settled until today. I absolutely never said, in PM or here, that you aren’t “worth” talking to or that I don’t “accept” you as a member of this board. . As you’ve so eloquently pointed out, I talk to everyone here, day and night. 

But to the extent anyone worries about post count, you’ve like tripled yours today so you should be all set. 

Ok, please stop now, you've both reiterated the same opinion repeatedly.

a) post counts and familiarity do count, moreso with shady/casual overnighters, hence the min post count to post in the sale thread, for example

b ) no matter how many post counts one has, anyone and everyone should be free/able/willing to contribute information...it'll either provide new insight, or open a conversation, and provide new insight :D:D:D

c) I'm not sure I quite understand the beef here, but I do know Mike's generally a pretty nice guy...sarcastic as all hell, but seems genuinely decent and not out to provoke anyone intentionally, and I feel like most board members who see him post regularly, would be of a similar opinion

d) did no one get their free Sens book and take a picture of Marc? WTF

e) trick question, the answer is e) all of the above

2 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

c) I'm not sure I quite understand the beef here, but I do know Mike's generally a pretty nice guy...sarcastic as all hell, but seems genuinely decent and not out to provoke anyone intentionally, and I feel like most board members who see him post regularly, would be of a similar opinion

ME?????

1 minute ago, Dr_Puck said:

You're my hero, Slim. Or should I call you Wes McCauley because of your officiating skills? 

I feel sufficiently disciplined. In a good way. ;) 

I did get a Sens book from Marc, but i had not read this thread in past few weeks so I was not expecting the book (thanks!) and I did not know I was supposed to take a picture (sorry!).

I’m awaiting the Sens book. I won’t be taking a picture of myself with it, unless it’s Heart of the Ocean, “wearing only this” style. And ain’t nobody wanna see that. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m awaiting the Sens book. I won’t be taking a picture of myself with it, unless it’s Heart of the Ocean, “wearing only this” style. And ain’t nobody wanna see that. 

We were offered a copy and turned it down being we did not have any plans on purchasing the book. I briefly considered doing you a favor taking one and sending it you because as a seller you were a pleasure to deal with and work with and i didn't forget that. It's too bad that you choose to take the path you did and rather look at me and treat me by how much i contribute openly then consider the person from our private chats that you did have a good rapport with.

I'm glad to see that things have calmed down here.

I do tend to lurk more than post............probably my bad.  I think I'm still somewhat embarrassed at my mental illness (hockey jersey obsession).

Cheers to all!

16 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

We were offered a copy and turned it down being we did not have any plans on purchasing the book. I briefly considered doing you a favor taking one and sending it you because as a seller you were a pleasure to deal with and work with and i didn't forget that. It's too bad that you choose to take the path you did and rather look at me and treat me by how much i contribute openly then consider the person from our private chats that you did have a good rapport with.

Bah, that's no reason to turn down a free book...I'd have more appreciation if you'd said - "We were offered a copy, but realized it was about the Ottawa Senators and turned it down being it's about the Ottawa Senators"

As far as your beef, he's a great seller and you have great rapport in private chats! Let's make lemonade, people!!!

Lesson here is - don't ever try to talk to MFitz in public, PMs/DMs only

Seriously, though, as I can certainly attest to, we've all made some good, sometimes great relationships in this hobby. Other times we have a bad dealing, don't see eye to eye on a topic, or a culmination of issues, ultimately leading to (perhaps needless) drama and negativity.

If folks have legit gripes with breaking the rules, bad dealings, harassment, etc. I'd encourage you to reach out and report it and we'll do our best to make things work again.

Often, even if/when we do squash it publicly, it doesn't fix it behind the scenes. With that in mind, I'd encourage you all to either mend those bridges (should you feel it worth it) or avoid as best possible dealing with the other party.

....bah! I'm too slow.

I really don't want to lock the thread, so please stop.

Can someone else please post pics of Meigray Expo and move this thread along?

Next retort gets warning...for whatever that's worth, lol...then we start locking things down. Good times :D

6 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

Lesson here is - don't ever try to talk to MFitz in public, PMs/DMs only

Keep going, you’re only making the requested inscription in my signed (and fully paid for) book longer and longer!!!

;) 

Edited by slimcutta
TWSS

1 minute ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

How did the discount on this past season's jerseys go?

What, if anything, ended up being excluded from the discount? 

Nothing ended up being excluded. It was 10% just like they said.

That's cool. I noticed they worded it as "select" current season's items in the email about the sale terms (see below), so was wondering if they worded it that way to exclude certain items like they did with the Capitals jerseys in 2018. Glad to hear that didn't happen. 

2. NEW FOR 2019. CURRENT SEASON PRODUCT ON SALE. Expo attendees who come back to the warehouse after the show to kick off our annual Summer Sale will BE ABLE TO TAKE 10 Percent off selected current season's items. This is a ONE-DAY SALE FOR EXPO ATTENDEES ONLY.

I swear, one of these days I will make it out to the Expo. Maybe I'll get at least one person to look at a table with my cobbled-together collection of gamers with no particular theme.