Meigray Expo 2019

Devilsguy

44 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

To wipe up “Mount Vancouver”. 

You know Pavel should have won that year....not the Oilers Light 😉

But what about this year, what a sh!tfest in the east, Bruins-jackets, islanders-canes.... 🙁......😟...😖......😫.......😩..........🤢................🤮........... 

have to be rooting for the west this year. Sharks or Stars?

Edited by tomtucker

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

This hobby needs more museums. ALL of the museums. 

I've got that covered when I win the lottery. I'll buy MeiGray's entire inventory and charge a nominal fee for admission.

4 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I've got that covered when I win the lottery. I'll buy MeiGray's entire inventory and charge a nominal fee for admission.

I’ll do the same, but I’ll wait until a sale so they have to figure out the discount on their whole inventory. 

On 4/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, lhg39 said:

I have said before that I don’t get their business model. They have 15 year old jerseys that have not sold on multiple 50% off sales. Once would think you go to 60 or 70% off some of that stuff. There is very little “gold” left of that old inventory.

Yup! I feel like I am getting grouchier every year, but it is the same thing

On 4/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Devilsguy said:

I really don't think Meigray is hurting by keeping those jerseys.  I mean didn't they sell over $100K in game used jerseys in about 36 hours for the SCF preorders?

Plus they also do the NBA program as well as auctions and from what I've seen on there commons typically START at $1K.  Couple that with their own auctions as well as consignments that never even hit the website.

They have also been selling a lot of those lower end jerseys on eBay with starting bid if $100.  They almost always sell.

They definitely are making money, but in what other industry is it the norm to hold onto 10+ year inventory?  

10 hours ago, NYIJM29 said:

Yup! I feel like I am getting grouchier every year, but it is the same thing

They definitely are making money, but in what other industry is it the norm to hold onto 10+ year inventory?  

The question is what is the end game. They can’t keep these jerseys forever. At some point you have to move the jerseys. Many of the ones left are third and fourth line players that no one wanted while they were still playing. 

20 minutes ago, lhg39 said:

The question is what is the end game. They can’t keep these jerseys forever. At some point you have to move the jerseys.

I don’t think that’s true, they don’t seem like they have to change a thing. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, mfitz804 said:

I’ll do the same, but I’ll wait until a sale so they have to figure out the discount on their whole inventory. 

I've often wondered what kind of square footage would be required for a facility to display that. A GW museum would be an interesting concept.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:22 PM, TheKevinShow said:

I've often wondered what kind of square footage would be required for a facility to display that. A GW museum would be an interesting concept.

Im pretty sure a GW goalie museum exists. 

20 minutes ago, NYIJM29 said:

Im pretty sure a GW goalie museum exists. 

In someone’s mind anyway. 

I have seen a short tour of the MeiGray warehouse on YouTube, but at some point those old jerseys have to go, to make room for all those new jerseys coming in every year? No financial pressure indeed, because the starting price of their NHL game worn jerseys have gone up from $99 to $199 (game issued and minors still starting at $99). The first flash sale 4 years ago was a blast and I also remember game issued jerseys with a 50% discount at one summer sale? Nowadays it's only 20% and no flash sale whatsoever.

The terms last year was 20% off previous years gamers and 40% off gamer that are 2 seasons back or older (capitals and Taylor Hall jerseys excluded).

As for game issues, they did do either 40 or 50% off a couple years back, but that was a bit of an exception rather than the rule.

Meigray also has a big warehouse.  A lot of those videos on YouTube is of their old warehouse where they had little to no room left.  Now they have a ton of room in their new warehouse.

Again Meigray does well enough to where they don't have to purge those jerseys for next to nothing.  They made well over $100K in the first 24-48 hours in selling last year's finals gamers and they make bank in the NBA stuff where commons start at $1K.  Between those and selling of consignments that never hit the website they are doing alright.

There are no discounts until the expo, are there? I wanted to get a CBJ alt to strip and turn into a breadman. If I can save $25 or so that’d be nice 

40 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

You can always ask. Worst they would say is no. 

Fair enough. Worth a shot 

On 4/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, TheKevinShow said:

Kind of like the HHOF?

On 5/6/2019 at 5:18 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Kind of like the HHOF?

Yeah, kind of like the HOF but more specialized.

In fact, if I could afford it, I'd do GW jerseys in all of the sports and make it a museum devoted to sports uniforms in general.

7 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Yeah, kind of like the HOF but more specialized.

In fact, if I could afford it, I'd do GW jerseys in all of the sports and make it a museum devoted to sports uniforms in general.

Special exhibit dedicated to the jockstrap. Has to be done. 

• 1 month later...

Well, for like the 5th year in a row, I am going to be unable to attend. And for the second year in a row, its because my daughter is in a play that day, and there would be no way to do both. 

Oh well, you folks have fun for me, and if by some chance there are any non-black goalie cut Devils practice jerseys available, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...